tuscl

OT:Check marks On The Chalkboard

When I was a kid growing up, they use to put your name on the chalkboard. If you were extra special like me, you not only got your name on the chalkboard, you got check marks. Anybody else part of the check mark gang? Does anyone know if they still use the name and check mark system?

20 comments

• shadowcat
    11 years ago
    When I was a kid growing up, they use to put me in a corner wearing a pointed hat.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    I think Catholic nuns all use the same universal play book.

Did you get gold stars on your homework too?
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Never got check marks or gold stars,but I did get Tag watches,Saab turbos and summer homes.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    @Moto-Sister Mary Clements,1982. 1st Holy Communion. Knuckles red n raw.
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    It was gold stars for me.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    The teacher wouldnt let me go to the bathroom so I pissed on the floor
  • mikeya02
    11 years ago
    I remember gold stars, and crummy notes pinned to my jean cuffs by the teacher to show my parents.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    As I recall, in my youth, it was a stone tablet and chisel! :)
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    I think that one check meant no recess, two checks was no lunch, and three checks meant detention or the principal's office. I bet that Gawker would know.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    4 meant fuck the teacher. :)

Anyone have a teacher they would want to?
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    I want recess again!
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    @Clubber-I only wish...
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    "Anyone have a teacher they would want to?"

Hell no. I had nuns in grade school and ugly old women in public high school
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    @Moto-I know you had your own version of Sister Mary Clements-Short, Stocky, Mean, and Mean. She'd be a better bouncer than most bouncers.
  • mikeya02
    11 years ago
    ^^^I went to Catechism for years. I always wondered why we had to say Our Fathers and Hail Mary's so much, when God was already punishing us with the nuns.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    @Mikey-Hahahahaha. My Mom taught catechism(7-8 graders). Everytime that my sisters or I fucked up, Mama knew.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    Every kid I ever knew that went to catechism said the priest tried to rape them
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Not in my diocese. Not on my watch.
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    Yup, on more than one occasion my checks were not erased daily but weekly.

The school teacher I've been banging off and on mentioned a couple of months back that her school said they couldn't do things like that because a parent complained that it was "publicly humiliating" their child.
  • PredragDr
    11 years ago
    Doubt chalkboards exist any more. Actually I can't remember any in high school probably due to being a health/environmental hazard.

They probably just take away your tablet/e-reader during recess now.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion