Aside from the music often being too loud, something strippers have acknowledged to me when I brought the subject up with them, there is often a lack of variety. I do not expect them to play much of something like the Beatles or Stones that an old Boomer like me would like since there are few of us in strip clubs but they could play newer rock music and not just rap and hip hop. The last time I visited a strip club the dj played some nineties grunge bands like Nirvana, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains and Pearl Jam. Another time in a strip club the dj was playing nineties trip hop like Sneaker Pimps, Massive Attack, Portishead, Bjork and Morcheeba. Both these musical subgenres seemed to work in a strip club. What other types of music would be good in a strip club for adding a little variety?


Replies (12)Latest
There is a little bit of good rap trap crap. But just a little. I fully agree with older music. And at most places, it's too loud. Back off another notch or two please Mr. DJ.
All music can work. The ladies just have to dance to it well. Yes, loud anything can be too loud. I don’t mind music as long as the ladies are into it. Some clubs the DJ makes the call, others it’s the ladies who pick the music. As you can imagine, fights do ensue, as ‘that’s my song’. Best time recently, was some NineInchNails for one dancer who was new to the club and DJ challenged her. She was cute, we hit it off, then went deeper hit off when I asked her about her song and so on. Music discussion all night between her stage calls. Ended up in a solid booth time with her. Went back next night, she was stoned and our time went more like dating at a dance club! I’ll take it! Sometimes your time investment pays off. Oh and this is example, sometimes rare, where the modern talking club works. Other times forget it ladies, just strip’
Most music can work as long as its not too loud. Or too quiet. Was at a club recently that was a little too quiet and oddly offputting.
No issues with the rap/trap but I'm a bit younger than most here. I do like when dancers have a variety in their Playlist. Rock can be very sexy to dance to, but nothing too aggressive. I tend to prefer slow and sensual to fast and loud.
Music is usually one of those early topics I bring up with dancers. I like a bit of everything and it's a huge plus in my eyes if a dancer also likes whatever obscure band comes up.
Also while I do like when dancers put together their playlists, I hate when I'm in VIP and the dancer I'm with isn't jiving to the selected music. That's the one time I think DJ can be a plus and keep it flowing
@Alternative_carry657 If a girl dances to a song I like, I often ask "did you pick this?" and it's a great jumping off point for conversation.
My biggest pet peeve by far - the same 20 or so songs repeated over and over. Personally I would love to hear more blues, but it would need to be the right kind so a stage dancer could really move with it. I often hear songs that I think would work great in a strip club, but until I get my shot at playing DJ, it ain’t gonna happen.
A DJ but have to play songs either a beat and make it obvious when there’s a new song. It’s not difficult but so many suck at it
A lot of clubs down south will do a nice 70s/80s/90s mix during day shift but then switch to the expected mix of trap and latin dance music at night.
What I hate is clubs up north love to play the worst techno/EDM known to man. A lot of PLs complain about how much rap is played in clubs, but I'll take that any day over some shitty repetitive dance music.
One thing rings true across the nation: strip club DJs stop fading songs out early you thieving bastards!
Trip hop in a club does sound good though. Very moody, sensual, and bass-driven.
I've left clubs because of the loud nasty rap. A club would do better by playing white music, country, rock.
@Pussylicker2 To quote the white rapper Eminem, "I don't do black music. I don't do white music. I make fight music for high school kids."
Saw a chick on stage in Houston bouncing her ass to Cheap Trick's Surrender. That was certainly something.
There was no DJ at the first strip club I was a regular at. The girls just put money in a juke box and picked three songs before their set. There wasn't anty terrible new music on the jukebox and the girls got to choose songs that went with how they wanted to dance.
Join the conversation
Sign in to reply to this discussion.