tuscl

Found Money

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
Monday, March 17, 2014 5:48 AM
Last week I found money in a strip club. I was sitting at a table beside one of the satellite stages jutting off the main stage. Strippers walk out onto these stages and swing around the poles, getting very close to the customers. At one point when no dancer was on the stage, my eyes dropped down and saw 3 one dollar bills on an empty chair. The money must have fallen out of a dancer's garter. I would have returned the money but I didn't know who lost it. So I used the dollar bills to tip the next dancers to come on the stage. I have lost a lot of money in strip clubs, but this was the first time I found money. Has this happened to anyone else?

26 comments

• rockstar666
    10 years ago
    Every time I see money go flying, the bouncers or another dancer quickly pick it up for the dancer who lost it. I've never seen money in the club just sitting somewhere.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    10 years ago
    I found a ten-dollar bill left behind in a VIP booth once. I kept it, because no one was around to try to determine who might have lost it.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    I often find money in the purses dancers ask me to watch for them. :)
  • farmerart
    10 years ago
    In Alberta clubs with loonies and toonies flying at dancers on stage from any direction, it is relatively common to see those coins on the floor. I leave the coins where they have fallen. I really hate the loonie/toonie toss in Alberta clubs.
  • stripclublion
    10 years ago
    I found 120 bucks in trophy club on the floor going to the men restroom. Also found 200 in platinum plus greenville in the private room on the floor as I was walking in to get a private dance
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    I found Religion in a strip club.
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    @Clubber - among other things :)
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    Can't recall finding $ out in the open in a strip club like that (it would kinda be like finding chum in a shark tank) I do regularly "find" a wad of 1's in a pants or jacket pocket
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Many a dancer has found my wad deep in her belly.
  • GoVikings
    10 years ago
    One time, after I had already left the club for the night, I went back ( I still had my admission wristband on) because I realized I had lost my Vikings landyard which has my apartment keys on it. When I got back to the club, I happened to look down as I was roaming through the place trying to find my landyard, and I saw a small bundle of money lying on the floor. I picked it up and it was about 30 to 40 some bucks. It's so dark in clubs that if you drop money, it could go unnoticed for a while. But I still hadn't found my landyard. Turns out it wasn't in the club, but I did end up finding it later that night because I re-traced my steps and it was lying out on the road (must have fell out of my pocket) near the bus stop. Yeah, I USE to take the city bus to the club.
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    Good thing it was a Viking lanyard so no one was tempted to pick it up :)
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    If it was a Raiders lanyard, there's probably somebody's blood on it from last season. And the season before that. And that one. Go Raiders!
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    A couple of weeks ago, the guy sitting next to me was making it rain on some drunk stripper that was standing up on a bar stool to "dance". This went on and off for about 30 minutes. There were $1 bills scattered all over the place. Probably 100 or more. They were under my stool and it would have been very easy for me to have picked up a bunch of them. Neither the dancer or the customer would have missed them but that would have been below my dignity. I doubt that they all wound up in the dancers possession.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Integrity. Not as common as it use to be.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    sc/SS, Unfortunately, very true. I am sure there are many fine younger people (the SO and myself have a couple), but the %, I believe is way down. Or perhaps you just hear more about the scum of the earth these days.
  • gawker
    10 years ago
    Last week I did a VIP and after the waitress left the dancer ran to the ladies room. Sitting on the floor was a $50 bill. When the dancer got back I asked her if she had any $50's. She looked through her cash ( which included a couple of 100's) and said no. When I was closing out my tab, I asked the waitress if she had a $50. She checked and said no. I kept the $50.
  • shailynn
    10 years ago
    This is kind of like recycling more than finding money. I have an idiot friend (don't we all) who is always broke. We were at a dive strip club one time late at night and our group (7 of us) were the only ones at the stage which is in a private room. All the other patrons were at the bar in a separate room. Between 6 of us we were throwing tons of 1s around and the broke friend kept picking up the money off the stage and would insert it into the dancers garter when she came to him to make it look like he was tipping as well. Luckily the dancer was so drunk she did not notice or if she did, she ignored it. Needless to say I typically frequent strip clubs alone these days to avoid embarrassment like that. Even though we were throwing probably $100 per dancer on stage, if my buddy would have gotten caught I wouldn't be surprised if they threw us all out regardless of the money we were spending.
  • trixxi
    10 years ago
    In the DARKER strip clubs it can be hard to even notice money. I had one guy pay me a $5 for a $20 lap dance and in that light I thought it was a $20 ... Another reason why I perfer a slightly more well lit club. I find $ in empty chairs all the time. Found a guys checkbook in the lap dance chair one time (even though I joked about writing a check for some lap dances to the customer who found it with me) I gave it to bartender. I like finding $ but its also nice to find bud ;)
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    I don't know if this would be "found money", but an honest barmaid informed me that I had actually given her a $100 after I told her she gave me to much change for the $20 I thought I gave her!
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    I've lost money. I don't remember finding it. I was a bit surprised to see the bouncers allowing one guy to go up on stage to tip the dancers. I heard he was tipping twenties, not ones. First time I saw a guy from the crowd allowed to go up on stage.
  • steve3000
    10 years ago
    15+ years ago, outside of Bare Assets in Melbourne, FL. I was walking from my car, and two guys were ahead of me. One guy dropped something, but kept walking. I came up the location, and saw that it was a roll of bills. Over $200 at least. I caught up to them and handed over the loot. The guy bought me a drink. This has also happened in other, non-club environments. It feels good to do the right thing. A little stupid, of course, but still good.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    steve, Not at all stupid. Doing the right thing is as it should be. Kudos to you!
  • rentz2
    10 years ago
    Last time I was in Follies I walked in and found an empty high chair, I stood up to move the chair closer to the wall and there was a $20 bill on the floor behind the chair. I picked it up and got a couple dances with it
  • 4oureyes
    10 years ago
    It goes the other way as well. A year or so ago I lost my wallet in a strip club. I realized it was gone when I got back to the hotel, so I went back looking for it. No luck. I had to do some fast talking to get the hotel to give me another key for the room, since I didn't have any ID. (I always keep those key cards in my wallet.) The next day I called and they told me another customer had found it and turned it in. Not only were my cards and ID there, but all the cash was as well.
  • steve3000
    10 years ago
    Thanks, Clubber. I didn't kick myself too hard.... Like 4oureyes, I would hope a good samaritan would return my money.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    steve, I've actually found a woman's purse with all her important things, just no cash. She was reluctant to get it back. At first I thought that quite strange, but then realized it was likely snatched and see sure didn't wish to be involved with me as I could very well have bee the bad guy. As it turned out, I got it back to her mother and all was well.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion