tuscl

How do some strippers stay employed when they aren't making much money?

I have been noticing in the past few visits to one of my clubs that there are certain strippers that don't appear to make much money. It seems like there is a set of strippers whom do well and whom the guys like to tip and get lapdances from them. On the other hand, there are some females that many guys don't tip or they hardly get any tips when they are on stage. I also haven't seen many of those dancers getting asked for lapdances. The funny thing about it is that they haven't quit or gotten fired. I wonder how or why they continue to stay? Is it possible that some of the dancers or the owner himself will give them a little extra money at the end of the night just to help them out? I know one of the dancers goes with the DJ. I think she doesn't "sweat" making alot of tips or dances because she knows she can get money from her Girlfriend(They are leasbians). I also think that showing that your lesbian EX: Always dancing with the same girl onstage 2. People easliy picking up that you are dating the DJ who is a girl, might hurt your pay instead of helping it.

6 comments

• casualguy
    19 years ago
    I know of one club where at least a few of the dancers told me they work a regular job during the week and freelance at the strip club as a dancer on the weekend. I may have asked because one dancer sat and chatted with me for what seemed most of the night and I only bought 3 $10 dances after 3 hours so $10/hr is not very big pay for a decent looking dancer. Apparently she wasn't at all concerned about how much money she was making but more interested in talking to me while I was there. I don't usually like to sit and talk that long either so that was a very unusual night.
  • SuperDude
    19 years ago
    Many strippers dance part time while holding down a full time job.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    Around here, girls aren't allowed to accumulate stage fee debts. Until they pay any fee owed from their previous shift, they can't dance another shift. Keeps the chronic bottom feeders off the floor. (You would think - don't know how that explains the presence of a few girls.)

That scene where girls can owe thousands to the club sounds like black market slavery.
  • Jpac73
    19 years ago
    davids: This club isn't a ritzy highclass club even though they use to be called a gentleman's club. A good dancer at this club would probably bring home around 400hundred something on a good night, but on the average a good dancer probably on averages close to $300 a night.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    I think that's why there is so much turnover in this business, because there are more girls willing to dance than there are customers willing to pay for it. A few girls will make good money for a long time, some will make good money some times but not others, and many will never earn much. The ones who aren't making much will either resort to extras or OTC get-togethers, or will go back to being waitresses, after bouncing around to all the clubs in the area without success.
  • davids
    19 years ago
    Around here if the girlscan't pay house that night then she "owes" it to the club. Many girls, even some who seem to make good money overall owe several thousand to the club. I am not sure how serious the club is about collecting it, though (I'm sure if she has a killer night she is going to have her debt mentioned).

I am also told that the owners here are pretty generous about lending money to dancers and even other employees. (What nice guys!)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion