tuscl

From Yoda, Dancers Becoming Employees Against Their Will

deogol
Michigan
Tuesday, February 25, 2014 7:37 AM
Well, looking to get banned from stripper web - oops already am! But came across this interesting piece. [view link] "...the club owner said that he's making all of us employees instead of independent contractors. Along with this comes a lot of new tax bureaucracy, and revenue sharing (which is basically how he's getting legally around still charging a house fee and fining us without calling it that), and a new scary finger scanning system for coming on and off shift and stage sets." Apparently those lawsuits across the country are really working out for dancers.

10 comments

• tumblingdice
    10 years ago
    Cops in cars,the topless bars,never seen a woman so alone.
  • Hard4Dancers
    10 years ago
    What the dancers have to realize, deogol, and Nina if you're reading this, is that they will never win. The club will always have a number of tactics at their disposal they can use to get their money, regardless of employee status. For example, they can impose a $200 "locker rental fee", a "stage rental fee" of $300, and so on.
  • Hard4Dancers
    10 years ago
    I just read through that whole thread and it's truly pathetic. How about we give them email addresses and badges, too? LOL! Can you imagine having to pay full time health benefits to someone who works twice a week, if that, with no set schedule, while working at a competing club at the same time, and when they do manage to come in, they miss half of their shift. And don't forget the unemployment claims for "fired" employees! Out...rageous.
  • tumblingdice
    10 years ago
    Sounds like Obama care to me.
  • sofaking87
    10 years ago
    Finger scanning device? Lol! I'm sure once it breaks, it'll never get used again!
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    LA Woman, Sunday afternoon.
  • crsm27
    10 years ago
    this is exactly one of the main problems with Obamacare. Business will find away to get around the mandate. Employee's will try to find away to not be called "independent contractors" yet want the freedom. Like someone stated about the fee's.... locker rent, stage fee, fines for not cleaning up, etc. Is all ways around calling them "house fees" and what not. They way they are not "employees". Then on the flip side... People want healthcare paid for by the clubs... Ok...now you are an employee... You have to show up on time, be productive, keep track of your money more tightly (tax purposes if you have employees), keep track of hours worked in a week, be able to fire people, only work for 1 club, etc. It is a thing you can't have your cake and eat it too. I mean how can you work for one club and get "full time" benefits and go work for another the same amount of hours? who would cover you for health insurance???
  • jester214
    10 years ago
    AS if often the case the only people who will really profit are the lawyers.
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    Fuck yoda
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    Yoder's Buggy Shop
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion