tuscl

O.T. - Canada vs. USA At The Olympics

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 10:42 PM
Even though I am not a sports fan I have been an Olympics fan ever since Calgary 1988. I have taken the next four days off work, turned off the Blackberry, unplugged the landline at Rancho farmerart. Only my partner can contact me and only in case of something major;like a blow-out up north. My Canadian athletes are going to rack up some serious gold medals at Sochi over the next four days. In fact it has already started. Earlier today women's bobsled (2 man) - Canadian women kicked American ass to win that gold medal. Tomorrow at 10:00AM(MST) Canadian women's hockey team will start the beat down of American women for the gold medal. Also tomorrow Canadian men and women curlers will take gold medals. Sadly we don't get to kick American keesters for those medals. Friday Canadian men's hockey team will kick American butt once again but this is only the semi-final. Hockey gold medal game is on Sunday. Good chances in bobsled for men and women (4 man). Forget about beating the Russians now. The creme de la creme in sports for Canadians now is kicking American ass.

63 comments

• jester214
    10 years ago
    Yup, Canada "kicked American ass" by .1 seconds to win the Gold. America only got Silver and Bronze. How bout medal count? Canada winning that one?
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    Canadian born players might outnumber US born players in the NHL by nearly two to one, but what would salaries in the National Hockey League be if their weren't any US franchises? Do you believe Sidney Crosby would have had the ability to earn over 100 million dollars if the teams were located in Medicine Hat and Saskatoon rather than Detroit, Chicago, and New York. Better be careful about carving up the golden goose. :)
  • tumblingdice
    10 years ago
    How are the Canadians doing at Downhill Apologizing?
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Hey, jestie, how about those Finns knocking the Ruskies out of medal contention in hockey?
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    Remember when Canada kicked Germany's ass? You go Farmer.
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    Q How does the Canadian government plan to stop the spread of Asian carp in the Great Lakes? A By having their women Olympic athletes swim in them.
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    First Justin Bieber and Rob Ford, now this? Canadians...sheesh!
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    Btw, Its USA vs Canada
  • zipman68
    10 years ago
    C'mon guys....what's with all the Canda hate? I mean really, Canada is like the US if you made the US nicer. And added poutine. And made French a second official language. What could be wrong with that? And the whole Rob Ford thing. That is SOOOO American if you think about it. A bunch of suburbanites vote in a crazy crack smokin' Chris Farley-type dude as a big middle finger to the latte-sippin' liberals in Toronto. America invented that kind of shit! Plus, I must say that Rob Ford is frickin' hilarious. However, the Justin Bieber thing was uncalled for. Demerits to Canada on that one. Somebody needs to hire Juice to kidnap Bieber and taser him in the taint. Repeatedly!
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    ^^^ Farmer pokes at America, he gets poked back
  • zipman68
    10 years ago
    Ladies and Gentlemen....the mayor of Toronto! [view link] Can you imagine an American crack-smokin' mayor as cool as Rob Ford? Who? Marion Barry?! HELL NO! All I can say is "Canada Rocks!"
  • sofaking87
    10 years ago
    Canada has spent most of this Olympics with more medals then the yanks, for a nation with 1/10th the population. As for Ford, believe it or not, he's the best mayor Toronto has had in a while. He's kinda like a republican, he's cut taxes, controlled spending, reined in the worst unions, and slow the gravy train. People like that aspect and if he runs on his achievements, he might get re-elected despite the gluttony.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    ^^^LOL! A goofball on crack is the best mayor Toronto has had in a while.
  • ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    Women's hockey - pretty much a tossup. I think luck will be a major player in that game. Men's hockey - I think that the US speed on the big rink will tell. Also, I think that the US has managed to put together a star team instead of a team of stars. US by 2. As far as the two-woman bobsled went, the US driver gave away a huge lead with an abysmal last run.
  • goodsouthernboy
    10 years ago
    I'm with Zipman on this one. I gt love for my northern brothers and respect because I have no idea how they're still alive in those temps. But fuck y'all for the Bieber thing :)
  • sofaking87
    10 years ago
    Lol! It's true, he may be a womanizer, over-eater, smelly, drunk, drug user, but when he's showered and sober, he works like the Chinese, or dogs as he calls them, lol!
  • farmerart
    10 years ago
    Whew!!......tight women's curling game between Canada and Sweden for the gold medal just broke open in my girls' favour. Canada 3-up coming home. Home and cooled out in this one.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    Hey Art, kidding aside, I found myself intriqued by the curling matches. First time I have watched. Reminded me of boulle ball I played in France as a kid.
  • tumblingdice
    10 years ago
    Art,have you ever been to a Rush concert?
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    While y'all are busy watching the snow games, I'll keep busy watching the sport of Hawaiian Kings. [view link] When you lose, you really lose.
  • skibum609
    10 years ago
    Little brothers always get a big kick out of beating up bigger brothers in meaningless things. The US would be like Canada if we were nicer and Canada would be more like America if they had an economy they could rely on without us being their trading partner; a border they needed to defend; a fishing industry we didn't have to save from the Japanese and a military bigger than NYPD. Location is Canada's best feature, but to be fair the skiing is fabulous.
  • tumblingdice
    10 years ago
    Skibum,didn't you mean FAB-A-LISS?
  • sofaking87
    10 years ago
    @skibum, well said, I won't disagree on a single point, but if I wake up tomorrow with cancer, I have a faded card held together with tape that will cover me thru the whole process (I pay nothing), All I need pay is hospital parking, lol!
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    Uh oh. The Canadian goalie looks pretty wide. This might be tough.
  • joker44
    10 years ago
    Art is on a testosterone high featuring raw Canadian nationalism, lol. Go for it! Too bad the Canadians don't have a neat superpatriotic phrase like "American Exceptionalism" to toss around. Curling = game for chronic insomniacs. You could doze for 15 minutes and not miss anything. :-)
  • TortillaChip
    10 years ago
    Lets hope none of these Canadian athletes disappoint fatart too much or he might find out their names and employers and use his big important man powers to get them fired and ruin their lives!
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    Son of a gun!
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    Lost by a fraction of an inch, our men will surely avenge this.
  • ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    Congrats to the Canadian women. About as tough as I thought it would be. To be in the lead with 3:30 left, and then lose in OT. Ouch!
  • farmerart
    10 years ago
    Well!...as expected my Canadian women kicked American ass in the gold medal hockey game as the Americans pulled their usual choke-ola when the game was on the line. In addition the American coach must have had her head up her cunt when she put that geriatric Julie Chu out on the ice when the game was on the line in the last minute of regular time. Marie-Philip Poulin is the new Canadian superwoman. 2 goals in the 2010 gold medal game.......2 goals in the 2014 gold medal game. She is 22 years old.....Canada's newest cold blooded American killer. farmerart is most joyously drunk at 4:30PM(MST).
  • sclvr5005
    10 years ago
    That was a pretty good gold medal game. Props to the lady Canadians for coming back and finishing it with power and style. The American women choked bad.
  • ime
    10 years ago
    apparently in Canada when you squeak out a win it's considered kicking ass. Ha they're funny up there in America's hat.
  • mjx01
    10 years ago
    That goal post must be from Canada, eh? Like 5 cm from a 3-1 loss in regulation instead of overtime, eh? USA lost the W hockey game, IMO.
  • farmerart
    10 years ago
    Just saw a clip from Edmonton TV news......3 little girls with #29 Team Canada hockey jerseys. Marie-Philip Poulin wears #29. A month from now there will be hundreds of thousands of Canadian girls begging their parents for a #29 Team Canada jersey.
  • joker44
    10 years ago
    Congrats to the Canadian women. Have one on me, art. Come back win is kicking ass in my playbook. Just like Peyton Manning and the Broncos in the second half of the Super Bowl! Oh sorry :-), that's right Manning and the Broncos got their assess kicked real good. Long suffering KC Chiefs fans never forget!!
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    ^^^ idiot not even making sense
  • lopaw
    10 years ago
    That was a great come from behind victory for the Canadian women's hockey team. Was a great physical game too - it was cool that the ref let the girls play (mostly) and didn't call penalties every 3 seconds like I thought they would. When you have two teams of the caliper of the US & Canada you want to let them mix it up out there and have at it.
  • farmerart
    10 years ago
    Mention has been made in this thread of Justin Bieber and Rob Ford, two of Canada's less-than-stellar citizens. I just saw a news clip of Rob Ford in a Toronto council meeting at the moment of the golden goal in the Canada-USA women's hockey game. Fat Bobbie is jiggling all over and attempting to jump up and down in celebration. Seems like Fat Bobbie can jump maybe 5cm. Hilarious sight.
  • ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    Probably would have been worth the loss if I could have seen that! Actually, I really couldn't have list. Born in Detroit but lived in Brantford until I was 22. My sister and brother still live there. I just enjoyed the game. The US men still with by 2.
  • ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    Argh! Damned autocorrect! list = lost "... still win by 2."
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    Enjoy your Gold Medal, Art The dominance of Canada (and the US) in women's ice hockey could lead to it's demise as an Olympic sport. Unless some other countries become competitive, this could be the end of women's hockey.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Here's a little USA V. Canada for you. [view link]
  • farmerart
    10 years ago
    As expected Canadian men win curling gold medal, thrashing the Brits. Canadian women win gold and silver in something called ski cross?? The big one starts in 1 hour - Canada vs. USA men's hockey semi-final. The entire nation of Canada will shut down to watch that titanic battle on TV. I am as nervous as a herd of bull calves the day the vet comes with the testicle clippers.
  • ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    Hope it doesn't come to that, LOL
  • sofaking87
    10 years ago
    I still say that women's hockey shouldn't be an Olympic sport, the Canadian team is amazing, and now the American team is too, but what sort of sport is that with two great teams, and a bunch of lazy-lesbians for the other teams.
  • ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    One period down, 0 - 0. Hope whoever wins this has something left for the Swedes!
  • ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    Congrats, farmerart. That was a great game! Both goaltenders were amazing. 68 shots and only one goal. Go for the gold, Canada!
  • ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    And try not to get too drunk celebrating!
  • farmerart
    10 years ago
    Men's Hockey........Canada 1 USA 0 farmerart is mightily pleased!!! My boys play Sweden for the gold medal tomorrow. This game didn't have quite the drama of other Canada-USA hockey games, certainly nothing like the women's game yesterday. Kudos to J. Quick and P. Kessel on the American team. I always knew that Quick was a world-class goalie but I always thought that Phil Kessel was an over-rated little pissant. Gotta change that opinion of mine. He is the real deal....fast skater and deadly dangerous around the net. Well done, Yanks. Just remember that Canadians have the same grit, courage, and toughness that Americans possess. Even though it is -18C at Rancho farmerart right now I will be slapping a honkin' huge Wagyu ribeye on the outside BBQ and cracking open one of my remaining bottles of Latour '45 to celebrate. Olympics 2014 hangover #2 will be in the making right now.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    Hey Art, congrats, but we would crush you guys in a snowball fight. We have all the rocket arms.
  • joker44
    10 years ago
    Canada, Good luck against Sweden. Art, Dinner sounds great.
  • tumblingdice
    10 years ago
    How can one have a set and not like sports?
  • farmerart
    10 years ago
    Just got a call from the good ol' boys down at the local requesting my presence at the 'We Beat The Yanks' party. My response was that I was already drunk and that I wasn't moving anywhere. The reply?.....'We're all drunk too. We'll send Fat Farley out on a sled to getcha.' Hmmmmm?........wonder where I'll be sleepin' tonight (assuming Fat Farley doesn't kill me on the SkiDoo)?
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Sounds like a delicious meal, Art. I'll be digging into some pussy in a moment.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Fat Farley sounds like one hell of a dude.
  • farmerart
    10 years ago
    Oy Vey! Olympics 2014 hangover #2 is much worse than hangover #1. Fat Farley didn't kill me on the SkiDoo trip to the pub last night.......this morning?.....I wish he did. Just saw a very peculiar play in the USA-Finland bronze medal hockey game.....USA penalty shot because of Finnish broken stick violation, never heard of a similar rule in NHL. Oops, Patrick Kane lost control of the puck on the penalty shot; game is still scoreless.
  • farmerart
    10 years ago
    2014 Winter Olympics Gold Medals Men's Hockey - CANADA Women's Hockey - CANADA Men's Curling - CANADA Women's Curling - CANADA All is right with the world.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Congrats on the big hockey win, art. Isn't juice Canadian as well?
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    well, I think the curling teams should have won trophys, like they do in bowling, not olympic medals. Any fat slob can play curling, especially the sweeping part.
  • ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    Apparently you never saw the Russian women's curling team.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    ^^^^Yeah I know. My point is you or I could be an Olympic curling sweeper at the least. Medals for sweeping..sheesh
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    The Dutch were the real surprise at these games in terms of medals. US was a bit of a disappointment with their medals being skewed toward bronze. Although Norway did well for a country with only 5 million, and they had a good gold medal count, looks like they settled with alot of bronze versus silver. And what was up with Germany? Canada's performance was very solid. Also surprising that Russian ended up cleaning up like they did.
  • tumblingdice
    10 years ago
    Let the Seattle Seahawks play the Toronto Queefs.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion