tuscl

What the fuck!?

Clackport
Washington
I was looking at the TUSCL rankings today and I see that Aphrodite's Hot Lingerie Party in Portland is the number two ranked club overall (behind Hong Kong). I love my city as much as anyone, but I can't stand for this bullshit.

First of all at least half of Aphrodite's reviews seems to be shill reviews or management reviews. Second of all it only has 22 reviews. I don't feel that's enough reviews to be included in the rankings.

There are at least 3 clubs in the Portland area (Mystic, Sunset Strip, Spyce) that should be in the TUSCL top 100 based on the number of reviews and the average rating, but for some reason they are nowhere to be seen in the top 100.

This just shows you the TUSCL rankings don't mean anything.

14 comments

• shadowcat
    11 years ago
    Join the club. :)
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    Shit
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Tis true when the ballot box is stuffed.
  • alabegonz
    11 years ago
    Page ranking must be off by a light year, I guess.

Needs correction, but I'm no expert in page ranking.
  • PredragDr
    11 years ago
    Yep. I looked at their Facebook page and thought something fishy is going on when a small jack shack with a few mediocre looking girls becomes one of the top clubs in the world.

They do seem to be on the tech savvy side, so perhaps the code has been cracked on how to manipulate the system.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    @Ranukam-I never understand ANY ranking system. Years ago, I just plain gave up on following any rankings/top ten list, etc.
  • Clackport
    11 years ago
    Predrag- You took the words right out of my mouth.
  • bvino
    11 years ago
    This site uses what is called crowd sourcing. Any random observers making rankings,ratings or guesses will get closer to the right answer the more the responses there are. Only 22 reviews would be a skewed sample to begin with even without shill reviews. The Detroit clubs often have hindreds of reviews and these lead to more accurate ratings. I guess you can only encourage your friends to review their visits and increase the sample size.
  • Dolomite35
    11 years ago
    It has a high percentage of new reviews. That might be the secret to it.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    Sounds like someone is manipulating the system – perhaps Founder needs to implement a more rigorous algorithm when it comes to club rankings; if there is one.

• shadowcat
    11 years ago
    For the benefit of the new guys, I will try to explain how the ratings are determined.

Reviewer A goes to the club 10 times and each time he rates it a 10. His average rating for the club is 10.

Reviewer B goes to the same club only once and rates it a 1. His average rating for the club is 1.

Now you add up the total number of averages. in this case 10+1 = 11

Then divide the averages by the number of reviewers. In this case 11 / 2 = 5.5

Therefore the club rating is 5.5. Now Founder does has his secrets that he applies to try to make it a more level playing field. For instance a reviewer with 200 reviews carries more weight than a reviewer with just 1.

Obviously it is easier to influence the rating of a club with only a few reviews than a club with hundreds.
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    the ranking lists have no bearing on reality...
    for the longest time Savanna's (Harrisburg, PA) was in the top 10 national, granted it's easily the best option in Harrisburg, but no where near the best in PA let along nationally.
  • alabegonz
    11 years ago
    could be the algorithm is like or similar to a straight line depreciation method.

would suggest a variety of calculations/methods and see how numbers roll-up.
  • samsung1
    11 years ago
    Reminds me of when Christie's in canton was top ten
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion