tuscl

Leave the credit/debit cards at home.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb

16 comments

• alabegonz
    11 years ago
    Tsk tsk tsk.

Go to the ATM and get some play money first.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    Shit
  • Tiredtraveler
    11 years ago
    If you do not want to carry cash and insist on using a card get a refillable cash card that way it is self limiting and if it is stolen they can't track it back to you and once the money is all gone from the card the card is no good. (you fill it with cash when you buy it)
  • rockstar666
    11 years ago
    That's grand larceny. I didn't see that arrests were made but those girls are going to jail. If the PL is smart, he'll do a deal to get his money back and some free lappers to keep them out of jail.
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    How could they access his account w/o his pin #?
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    @tiredtraveller how does that stop you from losing the money on the card?
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    @rockstar666 way to think with your dick bro -_-
  • deogol
    11 years ago
    I am outrage at the racism shown on TV today! Why are they portraying those two find women as blacks out to steal from the man!?!?

Also I am outraged at the blantant sexism shown? Women stealing from men? Those women DESERVED what they got from that exploitative man! EXPLOITATION!

(Whoa, had a liberal surge there for a second. Carry on!)
  • sflguy123
    11 years ago
    I hate stories that leave me w/ more questions than answers.

First there has to be a PIN nbr. Even on credit cards if u want to do a cash advance on an ATM u need a PIN nbr. You can't just insert a card and withdrawal money. Maybe they got his PIN nbr watching him at the ATM or maybe he even handed one of them the card to get the money for him. He was there over 4 hours he might have been plenty fucked up.

Second based on the video they went from Chase bank to Chase bank and withdrew $503 at a time for $21400 over a 6 hr period. Common sense would have antitheft software from the bank which would flag the unusual activity after 2-4 withdrawals. They would have to have done 40+ withdrawals in a 6 hour period to get the full amount. That is HIGHLY unusually activity.

Third, did the police in advance to the story going public go to the club with the video and try to indentify the woman? Talk to management to id the women? It looked like a small club. Now they know the police are looking for them.

This is my version of his imaginary review:
    Went to Club Venus a few nights ago. Spent 4+ hours there and got totally fucked up. I might have made some regretable decisions.

Got a few dances from one girl and used all the money I had on me with her. But then I noticed a second girl who struck my interest but I was out of money. What to do what do to?

Luckily I had my payroll debit card on me. I have a bad memory and always forget the PIN nbr so I wrote it with a Sharpe on the face of the card. But im no fool so incase I lost the card I reversed the first and last number, the pin nbr is 5715.

I handed the card to one of the cocktail waitresses and asked her to get me $60. She asked my PIN nbr and I looked at the front of the card and told her. She came back 10 minutes later with the $30.

The other stripper came up to me and the amazing happened. Must have been my lucky night. Most of the time strippers ask me to buy them drinks but tonight the stripper and cocktail girl insisted upon buying me drinks. They bought me drink after drink after drink. I don't think I ever got dances from the second dancer.

At some point I think I passed out. When I woke up the dancer and cocktail waitress apparently both had to leave early due to not feeling well.

I have a bunch of text message alerts from my bank I need to retrieve now.

(end of made up review)

Seriously these types of stories, robberies or shootings, should somehow get attached to the club reviews so people can be aware of them.
  • deogol
    11 years ago
    ^^^ LOL
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    “… Unfortunately, with this being a payroll debit card, there was no limit, daily limit, set on the card like there is with traditional debit cards where you can receive maybe $200 to $500 a day. With no limit, they were able to spend until it was gone," IMPD Detective Larry Craciunoiu said …”

What is a payroll debit card anyway?

• sflguy123
    11 years ago
    Appears to way to pay employees who don't have bank accounts for direct deposit and not issue actual checks.

So the money instead of being directly deposited into ur savings acct or checking acct goes on this debit card and you use the card as needed.

This guy had $21000 on his card so maybe he should have opened a checking acct.

http://www.today.com/money/feds-employer…

“It’s significantly cheaper than cutting a check and it also provides added safety and security.”

Or not.

"Unauthorized use: The employee’s liability is limited as long as the unauthorized use is reported within a certain time period."

When I used to work at a hospital, in the accounting dept, I found that someone made up bogus checks and cashed them on our acct. Banks give you a time period, 30 or 60 days to report bogus activity and not be held liable.

I really think however stupid this guy was he s/b able to get most of that money back since he came forward and reported it.
  • deogol
    11 years ago
    A payroll card is the deposit is made on the card instead of the bank. So in essence, he was carrying around tens of thousands of dollars on his person.

More (example) info here: http://usa.visa.com/personal/personal-ca…

Basically for people who don't have bank accounts.
  • jack0505
    11 years ago
    With most credit / debit cards (all Visas, all MasterCards, all American Express cards), the consumer is not liable for fraudulent charges, and under federal law is only liable for $50 of fraud.
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Burp,thanks Shadow.
  • scatterbrain
    11 years ago
    I only take cash... No sense in using credit cards for obvious reasons stated in this thread.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion