tuscl

Clubs with same name in different regions/areas ?

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)

I've noticed various clubs in different areas with the same name and wondered if there was any connection b/w them.

I know about clubs like Deja Vu which to the best of my knowledge, or I assume, are owned by the same corporation; but sometimes I notice clubs with the same name but in different areas and they are completely opposite types of clubs – e.g. King of Diamonds in Minnesota (all white club) vs. King of Diamonds in Miami (all black club); etc.

I wonder if these clubs either have the same parent company; or they lease the use the name sort of speak; or if there is no connection at all b/w them and they just happen to use the same name?

Any info/thoughts on this?

9 comments

• shadowcat
    11 years ago
    I have a life time membership to the Platinum Plus chain. It was issued at the infamous Memphis Platinum Plus club and is good at any of the existing Platinum Plus clubs But Ken Wood the owner of the present chain did not own any interest in the Memphis club. It apparently was a name lease of some sort.

The Atlanta Cheetah does not appear to be connected to any of the other clubs around with the same name. Check the club's web site. It will usually show you all of their sister clubs.
  • sofaking87
    11 years ago
    I've noticed that too, and often they are all related.
  • Tiredtraveler
    11 years ago
    There is Scarlett's, PT's, and Penthouse, every big city seems to have a Foxy Lady, Spearmint Rhino, Jaguars, Diamonds (or a variation), Cheetah's and the Omni-present "Babes" .
    Some are related others just seem to be common names used. I know all the PT's and Scarlett's are related. The chain clubs tend to have corporate rules. The Hustler Club in Detroit used to be a good place but when corporate came to town it was down graded to typical chain club
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    I sort of thought that the DV/Hustler brands were somewhat like franchises. Common theme by each franchise had a different owner. Each clubs pays pack a % for leasing the brand name.

VCH holdings owns a collection of PT's and other brands in several states. And I think Rick's Holdings also is a common ownership structure across several states. But VCH & Ricks are the only examples of multi-state ownership setups I can think of.
  • farmerart
    11 years ago
    Just a lack of imagination when choosing club names.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    As for the Cheetah's "chain," I sense that they all start out under the same ownership but are sold later on with certain stipulations to make it look like the club is part of a chain. That is the Cheetha's name must be continued to be used, and the same logo seems to be used in many/most of its locations.
  • gatorfan
    11 years ago
    More than one Deja Vu makes sense
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    One day, I plan to go to the LaMotte, Iowa Shakers, just to amuse my favorite dancers at Shakers in Waverly, Nebraska with stories about somebody else's Shakers.
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    gatorfan for the win.

Laughing out loud.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion