tuscl

Favorite Fantasy/Sci-Fi Artist

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 2:40 PM
Here is a quick list of my favorite Fantasy/Sci-Fi artists- 1. Larry Elmore(Of TSR fame) 2. Boris Vallego 3. Brom(Also if TSR fame & beyond) Honorable mentions go to HR Geiger & Hieronymus Bosch.

17 comments

• ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    Isaac Asimov Arthur C Clarke Ben Bova
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    I like Geiger. I would since I love the Alien films.
  • ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    Oh, from the worlds of TV and the silver screens, where no man had gone before, Gene Rodenberry!
  • CB42DDD
    10 years ago
    SlickSpic Nice choices for 1. & 3. But i would have to add Easley to the list also.. PS sorry for the double post oops
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    Janet and Isaac Asimov Gene Roddenbery L.Ron Hubbard Piers Anthony Ray Bradberry and a few others I forgot. I just took a look at a number of sci fi books I still have. I used to read a lot when I was younger. I enjoyed the Mission to Planet Earth 10 book series by LRon Hubbard, Piers Anthony the fates series if that's what it was called. My memory is fuzzy. I think someone could make a series of good movies with any of these authors. I enjoyed a lot of the robot novels written by Janet and Isaac. I know they cowrote at least one together.
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    Ray Bradbury Robert Heinlein Asimov Clarke Theodore Sturgeon Andre Norton (who else never had any doubt she was a woman?) Lester del Rey Brandon Sanderson David Weber Eric Flint John Ringo
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    I. Agree with Jeff Easley.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Piers Anthony was/is an amazing author but I'mtalking about Artwork. Whether print, paint, sketch.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    There were some books I read involving space combat on alien planets. I used to get a good visual of some hot and heavy combat. Lots of firepower and action. It was great stuff. It even had some battle tactics.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    Geiger did do great art. Some of my old pc games had some pretty good art as well.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Piers Anthony is a one of a kind Artist. His works could never be encapsulated by oil, acrylic or watercolor. I feel the same for many artists.
  • carl95
    10 years ago
    Roger Dean
  • sofaking87
    10 years ago
    ralph mcquarrie
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    FRANK FRAZETTA!! Hands down, the king.
  • ilbbaicnl
    10 years ago
    Asimov, Clarke, Huxley.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    @Mikey-Frazetta rocks!
  • bvino
    10 years ago
    I met Frazetta when my brother was running a publishing business using his artwork for portfolios based on greek Myths. The guys house was a plie of papers with lanes running through five foot stacks of newspaper and magazines. He had long scraggy white hair and really long fingernails.This was in the mid 70's and he was cool but a little strange . Of course so his is work so it all fit somehow.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion