tuscl

How to Discern if a Review has been Propped

Club_Goer_Seattle
Seattle, Washington
Tuesday, January 14, 2014 10:16 AM
There's been confusion about this ever since the system began, roughly two years ago. I finally noticed, because my most recent review was propped by another Seattle area member, who also happened to write a review of the same club. We were both there the same night. Now I understand why there has been confusion: The prop only appears when you pull up a review, individually. It appears below the review, in the black area, below the white area in which the review is shown. If you see the review among the full list of reviews for a club, the prop doesn't show. Even when you do see it, it's difficult to notice. Only the name of the member who propped it shows in blue (against a black background), and the other couple of lines of information are blacked out as well. It looks much the same as when you see the name of an ignored member. Founder, please correct this!

12 comments

• shadowcat
    10 years ago
    The only way to view review props or flags is by scrolling down the club page to review highlights. Founder has been aware of this for a very long time and has promised to fix it.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    10 years ago
    Shadow, I respectfully disagree. Try my example. It was for Kittens in Seattle. This is the link for club info. and the entire list of reviews with only the first few sentences of the reviews. No props visible: [view link] This is the link for the full list of reviews with the complete wording. Again no props visible: [view link] This is the link for the review as an individual review. I got to it by clicking on my review from the first link, above. Prop is shown, but difficult to read: [view link]
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    I agree with you Club_Goer.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    And I have to disagree with you. LOl. Using the first link for your post, scroll down to review highlights. When you get to your review it shows propped by Jgoose. At any rate flags and props need to be more visible and Founder knows it.
  • joker44
    10 years ago
    CG - thanks for clear explanation with examples. SC - followed your instructions. Don't see prop anywhere in/around highlights. I see a REVIEW by Jgoose [#2] but no prop by CG's review for same date [Jan 12]. I'm using Chrome browser, could this be dependent on what browser you're using??
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    10 years ago
    Shadow: I did just what you said. This is all that appears. It appears that Joker concurs with me: "Kittens Cabaret is a brand new strip club in the Georgetown district of Seattle. It opened on January 9, 2014...." • Club_Goer (January 12, 2014) Maybe joker has a point. I use Internet Explorer as my web browser. Could the choice of browser make a difference? And, yes, JGoose wrote his own review, AND propped mine. So, maybe we should just agree to disagree. In any event the "propping of reviews," needs fixing.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    I'm using IE too. So I don't understand it. Take a look at Adult Entertainment Club in Key West. You should be able to see a shit house full of flags and props.
  • founder
    10 years ago
    noted... I'm adding it to my to do list (again)
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    I read your review and propped it too. It was well-written and informative. I am also confused about seeing the review props.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    Shadow is right except he missed one step. One scrolls down the club page to the review highlights/snippets; then one needs to *click-on/select* an individual review highlight/snippet and then once the entire review comes up; one can see if there are any props at the end of the review. This also used to be the way one could see flags on reviews (although the text for the flags was black text on white background and was much more readable) – but as of the last month or two; I no longer see the flag comments even when I have flagged a review – in the past I would see the flag comment right away and the review would subsequently disappear a couple of days later. And btw – I think the review highlights section only lists the 10 most recent reviews – after a review has fallen out of the 10 most recent; currently one will no longer be able to read the props.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    10 years ago
    Papi: That's essentially what I'm saying. Once you can isolate a review as the only review on your screen then the props (and flags according to Shadow) are visible. I'll have to give your "most recent ten theory" a try.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    10 years ago
    @ Shadow: I just looked at the Adult Entertainment Club in Key West as you suggested. Yes, it's an excellent example of one club where you can see props and flags. Thank you for pointing that out. But, as I mentioned to Papi, the flags and props were only visible once I could isolate any one review as the only review on my screen. Interesting that there's a pattern to the props and flags (for that club): The negative reviews have been propped, and the positive reviews have been flagged. Where they're flagged, they've been flagged by numerous members. Up to six flags in some reviews. Where propped, by just one (likely the employee or owner who propped it). See: [view link] Click on the reviews, individually, to see the props and flags. Also note that Founder said he'll attempt to fix the problem.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion