tuscl

Movie Review: Easy A

Back in the 1980's, there were some great T &amp; A movies, and there are some great John Hughes teen movies-this is neither, but both are referenced in this highly intelligent teen movie.<br />
<br />
For over a decade now, I've lamented the dumbing down of Hollywood movies. This movie, however, has intelligent dialogue, and it's not for the D- crowd. <br />
<br />
The movie opens with Emma Stone confessing to her webcam &quot;my side of the story&quot;. Emma then goes on to tell the tale of a girl who allows lies to be told about her. At first, she lies to her best friend &quot;Big Tits&quot; (Ali Michalka) about losing her virginity. Word spreads like wildfire and Emma likes the sudden attention heaped on her. Then, a gay friend comes to her with a proposition. <br />
<br />
He's tired of being labeled &quot;a queer&quot; (the movie has very frank dialogue-fuck, shit, etc.) and he asks, in return for money, to pretend to sleep with him. They &quot;do the deed&quot; in a bedroom at a very crowded house party. Quickly, word spreads that she takes money for sex (or pretend sex) and she goes to the extent of wearing a red &quot;A&quot; on her clothes-just like the protagonist in The Scarlet Letter.<br />
<br />
Things, however, spiral out of control and when the entire house of cards includes adults not attending the school, well.....<br />
<br />
An excellent movie, well worth a trip to the cinema. And for the pervs here-no nudity, but highly entertaining.

3 comments

• steve229
    14 years ago
    &nbsp;Emma Stone is a hottie. &nbsp;I liked her nerdy/sexy character in &quot;The House Bunny&quot; and her bad ass/sexy character in &quot;Zombieland.&quot; &nbsp;I've got a couple more of her moives qued up in Netflix.<br />
    <br />
    Ali Michalka - is that the Hellcats chick?<br type="_moz" />
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    &nbsp;no nudity??? no thanks, I'd rather go to a strip club instead.<br />
    Thanks for the review though. &nbsp;I still have yet to go see Inception.<br />
    <br type="_moz" />
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    <span style="font-size: larger;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;">Yea Steve, Ali stars as Marti Perkins in the TV series Hellcats.</span></span><br />
    <br type="_moz" />
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion