tuscl

United States Coast Guard Ice Cutter on the way.....

...to save the poor Chinese and Russian ships. Business as usual.

6 comments

• gatorfan
    11 years ago
    Chinese aint poor.
  • sofaking87
    11 years ago
    I would call the Chinese poor, if the average China man lived in the US, he'd qualify for welfare benefits in any state. That being said, China isn't known for quality, I'm surprised the ship hasn't sunk...
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    The Chinese have money. They just need more in an hour.
  • 3LeggedMan
    11 years ago
    Didn't you feel that? Uncle Sam reaching in your pocket for your share of the cost of the Coast Guard expedition thousands of miles from the coast they're supposed to be protecting? Keep paying those taxes and thank a liberal for giving us so many of them.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    3 legs - From what I read the U.S. is bound by international agreements to help but the cost of such rescue is to be born by the owner of the ship in distress.
  • ATACdawg
    11 years ago
    Just for the record, the Polar class icebreakers have been bailed out by the Russians a couple of times when two out of three of their propellers lost blades in the northern polar ice fields. Because of her diesel/gas turbine power, her designers had to use controllable/reversible propellers that are more vulnerable.

In any event, all the folks who sail icebreakers in polar regions look out for each other and will generally drop everything to help out fellow mariners.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion