tuscl

The "iRemember You" scam

grand1511
Euphoria
Saturday, December 28, 2013 4:28 PM
This has been happening more frequently at my favorite club and happened just again this afternoon. Dancer I've never met before comes up and says how are you, remember me and the good time we had up in the VIP? I've encountered this other times at other clubs, too. Exactly what is the thinking behind this ploy. I remember most of the dancers I've had dances with, particularly those I go VIP with. Don't they think I know that? When it happens, I stay friendly and talk, but almost never take ' em up on a dance. And it also seems like it happens with dancers who are farther down the spectrum from "10" than closer to it. OK, rant over.

17 comments

• shadowcat
    11 years ago
    Two week ago a dancer came up and asked if I remembered her from a week ago. She said that we did a 3some in VIP with I******. I knew I****** but had not done a VIP with her in about 3 years. I told this to the dancer and she was satisfied that she had made a mistake. legitimate mistaken identity? Who knows?
  • magnus
    11 years ago
    The idea being that it infers that she had a good time with someone in VIP and even if it was't you - you think you're ahead of the "getting to know her" curve and agree to it anyway. Yes, they think you're that stupid/anxious.
  • ilbbaicnl
    11 years ago
    Maybe you should try saying "yeah, you were the one who gave me a 50% discount, weren't you?"
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    I go to a lot of different clubs & get dances from a lot of different dancers to where it is sometimes a blur. I also don’t spend too much time talking with dancers & I’m either scoping out the scene/stage or getting dances. I also tend to focus on a dancer’s body much more than the face. Meaning that about 80% of the time when a dancer says she knows me but I don’t recognize her; she turns out to be right (I’ll usually recall her if she starts dancing for me or when I see her naked body). I also go to mostly black clubs and the black dancers will often completely change their hair style/look; or even the hair itself; and thus look very different.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    Perhaps a dancer may say this kinda jokingly as an ice breaker – similar to when a dude uses the ice breaker on a civie by saying something like “haven’t we met somewhere before ha ha” - where both the dude and the civie both know is not meant to be taken literally but more of as an ice breaker.
  • BigCodyCooper
    11 years ago
    I also go to a variety of clubs and have gotten dances from a variety of ladies. Sometimes I will see agirl that I don't recognize but knows me. I don't think it's a scam. I just think it's a situation where she's changed her appearance (or I just have a faulty memory) and I don't remember her.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    The very few times I've hear the "I know you" line, well, after talking to them and thinking back they were correct. What I never understood is, do they remember everyone, or what was it that made me that easy, of the many, to remember?
  • rl27
    11 years ago
    I am foten be surprised at the memories of some dancers. Years ago I noticed this new dancer at the time at Kahoots in Columbus. I had gotten a dance from twice about about five years earlier in Cleveland. The first time at Model Tease and the second at Circus and Sideshow, but hadn't recognized her. She recognized me right off the bat, and after talking to her a bit, I recalled her name and that I had a very good dance from her.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    The only dancers that hit me with that line have been to the VIP with old Uncle Slick. I actually would enjoy bantering around with dancers running that game on me.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    rl27, Your experience with this "line" is as mine above. Do you think they can remember all, or what do you think set you apart from the many others that she would remember?
  • sofaking87
    11 years ago
    Sounds like either good customer service, or a great pick up line for PL's.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    Yeah I hate that line too. Except when they are telling the truth and back it up with information. I got curious and the next thing I know she was sucking on me, no charge. Don't you just hate that? Then she asked again if I remembered her and the only thing I thought of to say was, yes I remember you now. Makes me wonder what she would have done if I said nope. Later on one morning she told me she remembered the very first time she ever saw me. I'm thinking the very first time over a decade ago? Wow. Then she starts to scare me with words like "I like you a lot. I like you better than all the guys I've ever met and that's really saying something because I've met a looottt of guys."
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    I once had a hot bartender chit chatting with me in one club. Then she asked "you remember me don't you?" I said no. Then she had a funny look on her face. The next thing I know she pulled down her top and flashed the whole small club some of the nicest tits. Then she asked again. I had to say yes after that. I think I even heard a bunch of claps in the club and the DJ saying something about nice move.
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    Yeah, I've heard that type of thing. The proper response is "Yes, I remember you. Sorry about my jizz coming out your nose. Want to give it another shot?"
  • farmerart
    11 years ago
    I find this line to be particularly choice when a dancer runs it by me on my initial visit to her club.
  • ilbbaicnl
    11 years ago
    "I remember you too. I'm reminded of you every day when I take my anti-viral medication."
  • joewebber
    11 years ago
    Apparently, I have a doppelgänger that frequents the same club. Sometimes they confuse me with him. The truth is that some of these girls get too messed up to remember whether they've been to VIP with you. Just go with iit.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion