tuscl

RIP. Mikhail Kalashnikov, inventor of AK-47 died on Monday

The great inventor died this past Monday. Rest in Peace. I just read about it recently. Just posted in case others missed it too.

The AK-47 was known to work when other guns would jam up. Over 100 million sold worldwide. This great invention brought peace to the masses defending lives across the world.

13 comments

• Alucard
    11 years ago
    And it has killed many people including many INNOCENT lives.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    I guess to drive a car, a few innocent people will have to die. It's not like everyone is going to give up driving.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    Shut up Jeffery Howard
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    A ballet dancer invented a gun?

Talented dude.
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    AK-47 is an iconic gun. Used the world over. I hope Santa brings me one for Christmas.
  • ilbbaicnl
    11 years ago
    Seems like everyone agrees about the advantages. Never wears out. Keeps working even under the care of poorly-trained soldiers or guerrilla fighters, and under the harshest of conditions.

NATO assault rifles are supposed to be more effective when fired on full auto, due to the smaller rounds and recoil control. Assault rifles are supposed to be effective when fired on full auto. But full auto fire is mostly for large infantry engagements. There have been relatively few of those in post-WWII conflicts.
  • ATACdawg
    11 years ago
    I'm not sure that the most recent versions of the M-16 even have a full auto mode any more but instead do a three-round burst or a single shot. Full auto tends to be a serious ammo waster. Full auto could empty a 30 round clip in about three seconds.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    He lived to 94 and created a weapon of death.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    Shut up Jeffery Howard
  • bang69
    11 years ago
    he was a WW2 Russian tank mechanic & great inventor. MAY HE REST IN PEACE & MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON HIS FAMILY.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    If he lived in Russia his whole life; I wonder if he ever got to make serious $$$ from his invention or if the gov kept it all?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion