tuscl

Underage dancers drinking in clubs.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
DEARBORN — A woman who told police she was on her way home from her job at an Inkster strip club was arrested at about 2:30 a.m. Friday on a drunken-driving charge.

Her blood-alcohol level was 0.079 percent, a hair below the state's 0.08 percent drunken-driving threshold, but she still was arrested because she's 19.

The minimum drinking age in Michigan is 21, and anyone younger than that with any alcohol in their system can be arrested.

Police saw the teen driving a 2006 Chrysler 300 on eastbound Michigan Avenue near Outer Drive. The car was weaving between lanes.

She told police she hadn't been drinking, but her speech was slurred and her eyes were watery and bloodshot. As she got out of her car, she stumbled.

She later told police she had one drink.

Her car was impounded.

13 comments

• SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    At least she wasn't jailbait. Since she's under 21 but over 18, if you got her drunk, what would the charges be?
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    I think I could talk her down to less than $100.
  • ilbbaicnl
    11 years ago
    The club she works at is probably in for a serious fuck over.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    I see a lot of clubs making the under 21 dancers wear orange wrist bands in an attempt to curb underage drinking. But it is almost impossible in a busy club for the waitresses to keep track of them. They can get customers to order drinks for them, etc.

Some clubs don't even care. One 19 yo told me that as long as the dancers don't ge5t out of control, the club could care less.
  • rockstar666
    11 years ago
    If you can die for your country, you should be able to have a drink. The age should go back to 18 despite the increased mortality rate. It's the price we pay for freedom.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    "The age should go back to 18 despite the increased mortality rate"

IMO it should be raised. And DUI laws made more punitive.
  • crsm27
    11 years ago
    The club she worked at is going to get raided. They will be looking to do a walk thru at a minimum. This is not a good situation.

Alucar.... What would that do? Because the strict laws are in place with harsh punishments. But Judges don't bring the hammer down on people. Look what the max punishments could be handed down....but they never are. So why put more laws on the books that our legal system won't enforce!!
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    I wonder which club she worked at in Inkster. Bogart's, Flight Club, Henry VIII?

• Estafador
    11 years ago
    Slick I think you'd be charge for failure to supervise since you are the adult in that situation
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    @SlickSpic: In most places, it's illegal in an of itself to serve alcohol to, or buy it for, those under the legal drinking age.

The drinking age itself isn't the problem. It's the treatment of alcohol as "forbidden fruit", making it that much more attractive. Allegedly, in Europe, where children drink wine (primarily because potable water is a rarer commodity than it is in the U.S.), the incidence of alcohol abuse is lower than it is here.
  • jack0505
    11 years ago
    Drinking age should be repealed, but then government can't fine underage drinkers anymore to pull in more money to blow
  • deogol
    11 years ago
    "Drinking age should be repealed, but then government can't fine underage drinkers anymore to pull in more money to blow"

BINGO!
  • sofaking87
    11 years ago
    I'm glad they got her before she hurt anyone.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion