tuscl

Favorite Large Scale Chain

minnow
Any place that interests me.
Wednesday, October 19, 2005 5:13 PM
Which "Large Chain" is your favorite, based on visits to different clubs? I'll define Large Chain, as having more than 6 clubs total, and located in several different states. AFAICT... the chains that meet criteria are: Deja Vu, Spearmint Rhino, GSE Chain, PT's, and maybe Mens Club (I should have specified CONUS). I pick PT's, based on visits to 5 dif clubs in 3 cities. Best combo of quality, mileage, and atmosphere without being too pushy or gimmicky. Your choice?

16 comments

• FONDL
    19 years ago
    I avoid the chains. There's almost always something better around.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    It's still grindage, LB. *rimshot*
  • lousybuck
    19 years ago
    The day I understand too much about the corporate machinations of the grindage industry is the day I hang up my moneyclip and rely strictly on mental images of Starbucks baristas for showertime.
  • TeenyWeeny
    19 years ago
    Spearmint Rhino
  • FunSeeker
    19 years ago
    Baby Dolls
  • minnow
    19 years ago
    No chandler, there's more good news: After failing to get $5 dance @ DV, a strippers real name & ph #, sorry PL can save on car insurance by switching to...... To The Top!!!
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    I don't doubt that, minnow. Is your point that people would say, "Great, at least this town has a Deja Vu"? Because I think they'd more likely say, "First the good news. This town has a strip club. Now the bad news. It's a Deja Vu."
  • minnow
    19 years ago
    Chandler: There are some "towns" where DV is the only, or main game in town.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    The McDonald's approach might not transfer to strip clubs because who would ever say... "Great, this town has a Deja Vu. I bet I can rely on getting the same high hustle factor, non-stop DJ patter and $7 sodas as they serve back home."
  • chitownlawyer
    19 years ago
    The only chain club I was ever in was the DV in Las Vegas, and it was terrible. High hustle, expensive...it actually put me off of going to clubs for a couple of years. That experience is why I use the reviews on this board (My visit was pre-Internet, at least for me...sometime in the mid 90s). At that time, I used my time tested method of asking the cabbie, which actually had served me well for both restaurants and strip clubs in unfamiliar cities. Of course, cyberspace has changed all that, with a resulting decrease in my tips to cabbies (since I no longer use/need their tour guide/concierge services).
  • JC2003
    19 years ago
    minnow: there are more than six Cheetah's and they are in multiple states, but I suspected that they weren't all related. That's why I asked.
  • minnow
    19 years ago
    JC: No, I don't count Cheetahs as large chain, since I specified >6 AND multiple states. Many so- called Cheetahs clubs (and Gold Clubs, Baby Dolls, etc) aren't related. ATL and SoFla Cheetahs may be, but former is not related to LV Cheetahs, afaik. I think LV Cheetahs, & SD Cheetahs may be, as I seem to recall both being listed on same. I gather from level of responses that we don't have too many big fans of big chains in Tuscland. Most recent view of T40&B40 yield no big chains in T40, & 2 DV Clubs in B40. I think maybe 1 or 2 SR clubs ever made T40. Maybe goes to show that Walmart/Mcdonalds approach isn't key to prominence in SC world.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    My apologies. You'll hook me up if I ever get down there, right?
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    Sounds to me like Pure Platinum might be if I ever visit Shadowcat and Sheikitout's favorite club.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    Although I didn't like the PT's themselves in St. Louis or Indianapolis, I've had some good times in a couple of the St. Louis clubs they acquired. To their credit, PT's hasn't changed them much. My only other chain experience has been Deja Vu, which was like hell itself only with naked girls running around, which makes it kind of worse than hell. I'm afraid whatever advantages the chain concept is supposed to offer for customers are not anything I look for in a strip club.
  • JC2003
    19 years ago
    Does the Cheetah count as a chain? The Cheetah in Atlanta has some of the most beautiful women that I have ever seen stripping, the Cheetahs in South Florida are really good two-way lapdance clubs, and the Cheetah in Las Vegas is a mainstay of the hobby in Sin City.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion