tuscl

"Wanna Dance?"

Thursday, October 27, 2005 7:57 AM
Ok, survery time once again: a) What percentage of strippers you met open with this line? b) Do you like it? Why or why not? c) If you are not a "wanna dance" type, have you ever changed your mind about getting a dance (compared to your initial 3 second gut reaction) based on the rest of her opening d) If you don't like it, because you want to talk first, how do you try and turn her opener into a normal conversation before she runs away, or do you even bother?

11 comments

• casualguy
    19 years ago
    I heard a line that sounds almost as bad as wanna dance. "Let me take you back (to the lap dance room) and we can discuss my menu. If you don't like it, then you can just leave." Yeah right, go back to the dance area without discussing prices of dances etc. I bet she would want to itemize a charge for everything she does. I can imagine hidden charges popping up. Ooops, you accidently touched her leg, $7 charge there, oops you touched her other leg, $5 charge. oops she put boobs in your face $15 charge, then add in the dance charge and then a charge for the dancer to pay attention. No way.
  • casualguy
    19 years ago
    I do like some honesty in response to the wanna dance question. I said not right now. The dancer told me she was going to keep coming back unless I said no. So then I told her no thanks and she didn't come back and ask me again. It's nice to find a dancer stick to what she says.
  • casualguy
    19 years ago
    I had a psychic dancer ask me "wanna dance?" I said uuhhh, and then she said ok and walked off. Maybe my uuhh sounded like no, it was very noisy. I'll agree the wanna dance is easiest to get rid. It seems slightly harder if a girl asks to sit down with you. I told one girl who asked to sit with me that I wasn't interested in getting dances but she could sit with me if she wanted. She did to my surprise. I was thinking later in the evening, I need to change how I say that if I really don't want dancers sitting with me. Anyway, she talked me into getting a table dance that I enjoyed. I was wondering how I got so lucky to find a girl from Miami who had her roof blown off by Wilma and her hotel room fee jacked sky high by hurricane Katrina when she was in New Orleans.
  • chitownlawyer
    19 years ago
    I actually prefer the "wanna dance" approach if I DON'T "wanna dance." One of the hardest things for me to do is figure out how to dis-engage from a girl who comes up to your table, sits down, engages you in conversation, and just sits there, waiting for you to ask her for a dance (or finally breaking down to ask if you "wanna dance." ) The good thing about the "wanna dance" approach is that if you don't, you say, "no", and she's (usually) gone without much fuss or fanfare.
  • nick246
    19 years ago
    That was how I met my ATF several years ago. I said "Yes" then because I already 'picked' her from her stage show earlier and wanted to have LD with her. But she disappeared into VIP room right after stage show and I thought I lost my chance to meet her. So of course I broke my rule at the time and said "Yes' even at that time I would routinely say "No" to any dancer who said "Wanna Dance?". As it turned out, that was not her style either, she would normally spend up to 10, 20 minutes sitting with a customer before asking for LD, even for new customers. So life was strange in a way, and this is a good one when both of us break our rules at the same time.
  • travelingthrough
    19 years ago
    In the clubs I go to most frequently, it is fairly common. There are certain dancers that all they seem to do is circulate and ask. Fine in a larger club, but they get bored quickly in the small ones. I have no problem saying "no thank you" if that is all they open with. I tip as a way of weeding out dancers, so I normally have a good idea of who I might want a dance from before they circulate. I must say that I like the opener "wanna get nasty?" much better. I encountered that once, and had to get a dance from her just to see if it was a come on or the truth. (Not the most mileage ever, but pretty decent.)
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    I don't mind it. There are very few strippers I'm interested in getting dances from. I'd rather the others didn't ask me, but if they do, "Wanna dance?" is the perfect line. It's easy to say no to. It's slightly better than trying to answer, "Are you having a good time?" with, "Maybe, but I don't want a dance." If it's a stripper i want dances from, then being asked being asked if I want dances is not a bad thing. I'm not interested in any "getting to know each other" conversation. If a stripper looks into my eyes as she approaches, understands I'm interested, slides onto my lap, pulls my arms around her waist and slowly strokes them, reaches back and runs her hand through my hair, and after about ten minutes of mutual caressing, asks, "Wanna dance?", that's okay with me.
  • JC2003
    19 years ago
    "Wanna dance?" is a typical opener in the clubs I visit, especially from the dancers who've been working for a while. New girls will introduce themselves, because they don't have a hustle protocol worked out yet. Hustlers come at you from an angle -- touching you, letting you touch her, and getting you hot for her; talking to you and pretending to want to be your girlfriend; talking to you and pretending to share the inside scoop on how strip clubs and dancers operate; etc. All sorts of angles. I usually counter "Wanna dance?" with some variation of "No thanks" (if I'm not interested) and "How much are your dances?" (if I am). I never just say "yes."
  • metaldude
    19 years ago
    I've gotten the "wanna dance" alot more than 10% of time, more like 25%. In some bars in the northeast its almost all you get. In those cases, if I'm not interested I just say "no thanks". If I am, or might be interested, I say something like "why don't you sitdown for a few minutes and get to know each other better first?" If they are not interested so be it, if they are there's still no committment on my part.
  • ryan111778
    19 years ago
    In my experience the "wanna dance" opener is used less than 10% of the time, depending on what club your in. Some prohibit asking all together and the customer has to ask. This line never works on me even if I consider the dancer a 10. If I want to initiate a conversation I usually say something like, "There are so many beautiful women in here. What makes you think I should choose to get a dance from you?"
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    The few times it has happened I usually just say no thanks and they move on. One time I had already picked the dancer I wanted, and was rather disappointed to see she was a "wanna dance" girl. Got the dance anyway, and it was pretty good. In all my years in the clubs however I don't think I've been hit with the wanna dance line more than a dozen times. Maybe I don't go to lapdance factories or I hit them in off-peak hours, but I almost always get the conversational pitch or invite them to sit.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion