tuscl

Now the DJ's are suing. Are the bath room trolls next?

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Monday, November 18, 2013 9:32 PM
AMARILLO, TX - Three Amarillo strip clubs are being sued in federal court, but it has nothing do with the promiscuous nature of that kind of business.

The three strip joints are accused of violating federal law by not paying their employees any wages.

The lawsuit, filed Friday, accuses Beaver's Gentleman's Club, Cheetah's and Babe's Gentleman's Club of not compensating their disc jockeys, security staff, bartenders, or waitresses with any wages whatsoever.

The two plaintiffs in the case, Perry Stevenson and Michael Clark, are two Amarillo D.Js who claim employees of the night clubs are only compensated in tips directly from patrons, or in shared tips from other employees at the clubs.

The lawsuit accuses the three clubs and their owners, Barry Pour and Sadigh Pour, of violating the Fair Labor Standards Act by not paying employees the required minimum wage of $2.13 per hour and by not compensating employees for over-time.

Stevenson and Clark want compensation for themselves and anyone else who has been denied wages from the three strip joints.

Both plaintiffs denied an on camera interview saying their attorney told them not to speak with the media.

The owners of the strip clubs could not be reached for comment Monday.

9 comments

• inno123
    11 years ago
    Frankly there is very little justification for regarding club DJs as Independent Contractors. The Club should have known better.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    I'm going to sue the pothole in the street for an alignment
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    I wonder if I can get away with only tipping theses DJ's for my cousin's wedding?
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    I'm sure Shadowcat is being sarcastic when he asks "Are the bath room trolls next?" But the trolls probably have the best case for for being paid a minimum wage. They are not entertainers and they don't have any independence in their work. The strip club owners may want to get their bathrooms cleaned for free, but they don't have the right the violate labor laws.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    shadow: "Are the bath room trolls next?"

Ask txtittyfan. He knows the deal with bathroom trolls well. Real well.
  • zipman68
    11 years ago
    Bathroom trolls unite!!!!
  • sinclair
    11 years ago
    I've been to every club in Amarillo. These three were the worst of the six. Very little money to be made at any of them.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    GREED.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    ^^^ retarded
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion