tuscl

Top 10 Corniest Stage Dance Elements

chandler
Blue Ridge Foothills
What are the most cringe-inducing bits you see dancers work into their stage sets? I'll get it started with:

10. Lip-syncing or, worse, "acting out" lyrics to the song.

9. Anything involving veils.

16 comments

• parodyman-->
    19 years ago
    If you want to see a cunt smoke a cicarette...

just get davids to light up!

Couldn't resist.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    Not strictly stage dancing, but at stages where the stripper goes one-on-one, lies back with her legs up, her crotch towards the customer and swings her legs around from the knee down - that leg swinging shit is something I can do without.
  • chitownlawyer
    19 years ago
    FONDL, I wonder if those moves are just done for the purpose of the girl having something to do while on stage. I do give dancers a lot of credit for trying to be interesting/seductive/intriguing for two dance sets at Favorite Club. I went to Industrial Strip a couple of months ago, where the girls do three-dance sets, which must truly strain the limits of the imagination. A lot of the dancers used the pole, which I guess gives them some way to fill up a set that can last anywhere from ten to twelve minutes....and some of these rap songs seem to last forever...but maybe they would seem shorter if I was younger.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    I don't much care for the gymnastics or the super-flexible stuff that some girls do. There's absolutely nothing sexy about it. I'm happy just to see an attractive girl dance well, although that's becoming pretty hard to find.
  • DandyDan
    19 years ago
    AbbieNormal-

Along those same lines, I have seen the "let's pour milk all over myself" show. They'd put a plastic sheet all over the stage and then pour milk all over themselves. I thought it a total waste.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    Thought of two more at the big clubs. The body paint show, and the candle wax show.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    When I told two CF's about the thread we did a while ago "Things they think we like, but don't" they were both shocked that spanking themselves came in so high. One of the CFs didn't do it, didn't suit her dance style or club persona, the other did, but it DID suit her dance style and club persona (which I told her). She also used the move sparingly, and usually with both hands as a prelude to "lift and separate".
  • travelingthrough
    19 years ago
    I knew a dancer who would stand in front of you on stage and just slap her ass hard over and over. She actually had a darker spot permanently where she did that all the time. Not really corny, but it definitely seemed odd to me.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    The one thing that bugs me most is features with the waaaayyyyy over the top frilly costumes. I just can't believe they think guys like those. As for more normal dance elements, probably the butt jiggle, although on the right girl it's not bad. Most who do it shouldn't call too much attention to their butt like that.
  • DandyDan
    19 years ago
    Some dancers can do that boob thing where one will go up and the other will go down. I'm not fond of that manuever.
  • mmdv26
    19 years ago
    I have actually seen the matches stuck to the nipples and lit routine TWICE (different clubs) in the past year or two. I guess this was popular in the 70's.
  • JC2003
    19 years ago
    Ass jiggling makes me roll my eyes and not in a good way.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    Smoke machines should be used sparingly if at all, and only with some rehearsal or coordination between operator and dancer. When the dancer catches a blast in the face and nearly falls down, the effect is more comic than awesome. Maybe they should be reserved for overhyped features.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    I think that one can go under gross. I also have never seen any such thing, and it'd be my guess that it is confined to lower end clubs where "stage dance" as a concept is stretched very thin.
  • SuperDude
    19 years ago
    Using the kitty to smoke a cigarette. Yuck!
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    Never seen a milk show, but the obvious implication (got milk?) doesn't do much for me, stripclubwise. The shower shows that often follow the body paint, etc. I actually kind of like...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion