tuscl

Intuition or Logic?

As situations arise with strippers ("is the stripper really into me?", "how to let go?", etc.) do you rely on your intuition to tell you what to do or do you apply logic? Are the two often in conflict?

14 comments

• parodyman-->
    19 years ago
    Yoda uses the force. Abby Normal politicizes everything. Fondl acts like a grandfather and you are waiting for "intuition" to tell you if this is going to be the one girl for you this decade. By the way, this decade is more than half over, any luck yet?
  • davids
    19 years ago
    Intuition seems to work best for me: Oh providing I do the opposite of what it says.
  • Yoda
    19 years ago
    I agree. Logic is what reminds me everytime a stripper sits on my lap and grabs my crotch that she is doing it for the money, not because she likes groping strange men. Weather you realize it or not, every guy that gets out of a strip club with money still in his wallet is applying logic to some degree.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    I think logic has been getting a bad rap around here.
  • SuperDude
    19 years ago
    Logic does not apply to dancers or SC's. The whole premise of the enviornment is fantasy and illusion. How could anyone pretend that logic, truth or honesty is involved. We are left with intuition and the risks involved with that.
  • T-Bone
    19 years ago
    D - i believe it's gotten better over time...the more you listen the better you hear. However, I don't think intuition is a learned skill. In my opinion, people either have it or they don't.

This is gonna sound way cocky, but I believe most people don't have much intuition, and those who do are often too afraid or "logical" to act on it. If you have it and trust it, it can be a tremendous tool/skill used in all aspects of life....especially when picking up strippers ;).
  • davids
    19 years ago
    tiffany: did u always have good intuition or did it develop over time? Intuition ever screw you up?
  • T-Bone
    19 years ago
    For me, always intuition.....hot relationships, hot sex and hot naughty fun is never based on something as boring as logic.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    I agree with FONDL, except that I am always asking myself idle questions, I just don't agonize over them.
  • JC2003
    19 years ago
    I use both intuition and logic; I can handle contradictory evidence and multiple trains of thought.
  • JC2003
    19 years ago
    davids, my "how to let go?" thread had nothing to do with what I thought she was thinking. It had more to do with what I was thinking. For God's sake, give it a rest.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    Using logic assumes that people will act logically for logical reasons. I don't find that to be the case. Using intuition means you are assuming you can divine someone's real intentions or true feelings. I don't find that to be the case either. Best bet is to decide what you want and act based on that. I don't get many "situations". That's one of the great advantages of keeping things in perspective.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    I don't use either because I don't ask myself questions for which the answer is unknowable. I only ask myself 2 questions about a dancer: do I like her and does she treat me the way I want to be treated. If the answer to both questions is "yes" I'll continue to see her and follow it wherever it goes. When one becomes a "no" I'll move on. I don't speculate, I choose.
  • Yoda
    19 years ago
    I use both and yes, they do conflict. I also use experience. I've made bad judgements based on intuition and also made wrong assumptions that I had based on logic. My tolerance for BS has gone way down over the years as I have learned more about what motivates women. Also, since I have a variety of favs in every club and for every occasion I don't waste a lot of time with game playing by new girls.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion