tuscl

OT:Carrie Remake

I don't know about y'all, but this remake has me in a Catch-22. I both want to and I don't want to watch it. As a kid, I read the book and watched the original. Classic. The remake looks good but why? Money? The original can't be topped. Sissy Spacek was amazing and simply perfect for the role. Moretz is too cute for the role.

On a similar note, there are way too many remakes. I haven't and I won't watch Total Recall on GP.

13 comments

• jackslash
    11 years ago
    Hollywood lacks creativity. Why do something original when you can make the same movie with a different cast? They also think remakes will have a guaranteed audience.
  • Ermita_Nights
    11 years ago
    Didn't they already remake Carrie once? Is this number three?
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    Agreed. Great movie but don't see the point of a remake. I'll pass.
  • sclvr5005
    11 years ago
    Nothing like dulling the memory of the original with multiple weak remakes. Sad.
  • mikeya02
    11 years ago
    Jacskson's remake of King Kong was awesome. Still love the original. But yeah, Hollywood makes too many remakes. They might come out with another Gone with the Wind!
  • deogol
    11 years ago
    I am ok with a remake of a black and white film (though there was a remake of King Kong for TV). The jargon was different, the issues were different, who would have starred in it would be different.

Really the only remakes I have enjoyed were Battlestar Galatica (which was a "reimagining" but definitely different) and Batman with Christian Bale.
  • gawker
    11 years ago
    I saw Gravity in 3-D last night and there's still some creativity in Hollywood. Definitely white knuckle fast forward edge of your seat movie. And Sandra Bullock plays a great role. I found my breathing matching hers.
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    Never heard of it. Maybe its for young people like me: to reaquaintr old audience and introduce new audience. Generally why movies are remade dozens of times.
  • dallas702
    11 years ago
    Sometimes I can believe the old Hollywood saw that the second film ever made was a remake.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    "I don't know about y'all, but this remake has me in a Catch-22. I both want to and I don't want to watch it. As a kid, I read the book and watched the original. Classic. The remake looks good but why? Money? The original can't be topped. Sissy Spacek was amazing and simply perfect for the role"

NO point in watching a remake. NOTHING tops the 1976 version. Sissy should have won the Oscar. I remember watching the premiere on Valentine's Day 1976.

• sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    Maybe I should have been a screen or movie writer. So many remakes and not that much original stuff. Hiwever I have enjoyed all the marvel comic movies come to life on the movie screen. I could start off with bits of dreams I had that seemed like action movies. I know there are a lot of science fiction writers and fantasy writers out there writing books or there used to be. I wouldn't mind seeing movies on the screen of books I read long ago that I enjoyed reading. I enjoyed the L Ron Hubbard Mission to planet Earth series of books. I also enjoyed many of Isaac Asimovs robot series of books where the robots started multiplying on other planets by themselves and they were programmed with 3 laws.

I also enjoyed reading a number of fantasy books by Piers Anthony especially the series involving special characters like Death, maybe fate, and other characters. Sorry it's been a long time since I read those books. I thought it was amusing when one guy thought he was going to commit suicide and then he ended up becoming Death himself.

Another amusing book could be a fun movie. I don't remember the name but an alien ship landed in front of the UN. The UN had protocols and they jammed all the signals. One if the gangs in New York somehow broke I into the ship and ended up fucking up all the alien equipment the really illegal aliens had planned. The aliens were renegades among the aliens and had already destroyed several planets by broadcasting a signal after arriving announcing a large space fleet of ships would arrive to take over or destroy the planet if their numerous demands weren't met and they never were. It was amusing to read. There is plenty of material to make good movies without all the remakes.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    For some reason my iPad likes to replace o's with i's.
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    Hollywood has developed a 'throw shit at the wall and see what sticks' approach to film making.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion