tuscl

New Orleans Bachelor Party

My buddies and I are heading to New Orleans for my bachelor party next May and are looking for some recommendations. We will be there from Wed night-Sunday night. Can anyone tip us off on some good "high mileage" clubs. What is the best place for bachelor parties?

6 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    I have not been to NOLA but have not necessarily heard/read good things about the clubs.

NOLA clubs seem to be like in many a tourist area; expensive and you can get ripped off.

IMO – you better know what you are doing and do some research via reading some reviews b/c a bachelor party is one way to surely spend a lot of $$$ w/o getting much for it. Perhaps clubs outside of Bourbon Street (locals’ clubs) may be a better value both in terms of $$$ and what you actually get?

Hopefully some NOLA savvy TUSCLers can chime in.
  • JackKash
    11 years ago
    I'm only familiar with the Bourbon Street clubs. It's also touristy with more to offer with the music bars and such besides the clubs. I enjoyed Hustler last time I was there. Pay the extra to get upstairs and then go out on the balcony and look down on the street. They also have drink and other specials depending on the night you go. Scores was also one of my favorites. Temptations has really sunk low so avoid that one. Haven't been to Ricks or Penthouse but understand they are a bit more expensive for not more action. I have nothing to report on Barely Legal. Good luck.
  • Longball300
    11 years ago
    Been in several and yes, Hustler and Penthouse have the best facilities and best looking women. In general all the NOLA clubs are VERY expensive and VERY low mileage compared to most places I have been. You'll probably have more fun just hanging in the bars, getting hammered, finding a bachelorette party and trying to get them to show you their boobs........... NOLA would not be high on my list of recommended cities for a BParty. Great for partying and live music though....
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Don't forget to get some coffee and bignets at Morning Call in City Park. Better than Cafe Dumond.
  • girlmoneys
    11 years ago
    Visions is a good time
    Everything else is a tourist trap
  • Cheo_D
    11 years ago
    Yes, Visions is very highly esteemed, and is away from the tourist-trap zone. Check out the reviews in the New Orleans part of the site.

Also, a local aficionado runs a strip club review blog on Wordpress titled, duh, "NOLA Strip Club Review" where he posts status updates every couple of months, you can look that up for his opinions.

Like magnum077 said, Bourbon is better for the generalized straight-out-partying food/drink/music/civilian ladies environment[*] (mostly Thur-Sat), and *maybe* a quick drop-in at one of the strip clubs for the sake of saying you did. Like JackKash mentions you can rent out a balcony for the fullness of the B-St. experience -- but that will cost you a heap even at the middle-class clubs.

[*However, Frenchmen's St, in the Marigny, is where much of the hip music/food scene moved to get away from the tourist throngs. And a lot of action goes on away from Bourbon. Up to the traveler's taste]
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion