tuscl

Dancers with criminal records

rickdugan
Verified and Certifiable Super-Reviewer
Over the years, I've met many dancers with criminal records and more than a few who have spent time in jail.

However, this issue has really come front and center for me since I have been spending much more time lately in the deep South. Now most of the prison stories that I've been treated to over time have come from girls in clubs in this region, but now I'm hearing much more elaborate versions of these tales. I'm also coming to realize that more than a few of the girls that work in the clubs that I now frequent have been incarcerated at some point, and this includes girls working in some of the most upscale clubs in this area.

Drugs, petty theft and violations of probation are the most common issues that I've come across. What amazes me, however, is how quick the judges are around here to toss these young girls in jail to serve multi-month sentences for pretty minor stuff. My newest favorite served a 10-month sentence for something that would have likely earned her a slap on the wrist in my former state. They don't mess around down here.

I would imagine that dancing is the most lucrative available option for a girl with a criminal record, especially with so many people with clean records who are still looking for work down here. What a crappy situation. If you are a single mother with a record in an area like this, your pool of options gets really limited really fast.

And I won't even get into just how hard it seems to be for a dancer down here to keep custody of her kids, a topic which probably deserves its own thread.

19 comments

• Dougster
    11 years ago
    RickBoy re-discovers the obvious once again! Amazing!
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    something like 50% of the US prison population is incarcerated on drug charges... many of those 'minor' drug offense. (But the prisons make a shit load of money keeping nonviolent offenders locked up.)

OT, but... credit checks are another common way to reject a job applicant. All these dancer making cash under the table and not filing taxes have shit for a credit report too. Miss a few mortgage payment because you lost your job in the economic 'downturn'? hah hah, your credit score is f-ed and good luck fining a job.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    As you said, many dancers I've come across have spent at least a night or two in jail. Mostly minor stuff (I guess a DUI isn't so minor thiough). But a know a dancer that was charged with murder. Her boyfriend got into a bar fight with a guy and while they were struggling on the ground, she pepper sprayed him. The guy died from injuries from the fight. So both she and her boyfriend were charged with murder. She struck a plea deal - plead guilty to assault and criminal endangerment. Was out in 4 years. Kind of a case of being over charged in order to get a guilty plea. Not really a bad seed. She actually had just completed her degree and had quit dancing. She's been out of prison for a year and us back dancing. I knew her before the crime and after. I don't get dances with her. Not my type as far as looks. But when I see her asking guys for dances, I can't help but think little do they know she's done real prison time.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    I know a dancer who is off to prison today. BUT not as long as in the South.
  • rickdugan
    11 years ago
    A lot of cities in the middle and western parts of the country have licensing and background check requirements (including Seattle), which precludes clubs in many areas from hiring strippers with felonies and certain types of misdemeanors (drugs, prost.).

In the northeast, licensing is not the norm. However, for whatever reason, most of the issues that I've heard dancers talk about are minor possession charges/DUI/other petty crap. I have never come across a dancer who talked about more serious issues, though a few have discussed baby daddies in prison more more serious stuff.

In the Southeast, licensing is required in Atlanta and scattered other areas, but there are many areas where it is not required. These more open areas are where I tend to hear stories about multi-month prison stays.

I don't know why this seems to be so prevalent in this particular geographic region, but it is.
  • rickdugan
    11 years ago
    @Motor: My current favorite started her criminal career by stabbing a guy in the neck when she was a bit younger. She didn't tell me about that one, but I found it through a search of her court records as well as a news story about the incident. Somehow she got the charges dropped, but she put the guy in the hospital.

Something tells me that I had better not piss this one off. ;)
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    "Something tells me that I had better not piss this one off. ;)"

Perhaps not! LOL
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    Look out for a dancer at Columbia Platinum Plus stage name Skye. Real Name Anna. She spent 8 years in prison for luring a customer to a hotel room, where her boy friend shot and killed him and of course robbed him.

Two of my Follies favorites are currently in jail. One violated her parole by failing a drug test. The other is in for aggravated assault after she got into it with her ex BF. She also got a broken arm out of it.

Licenses are required at Atlanta clubs except Club Wax. It is a bikini club. Since there is no license required to work there, there is also no back ground check on any body working there. Beware.
  • ilbbaicnl
    11 years ago
    I had a #1 fav who did time for putting a guy in the hospital, and then failing a probation drug test (refer). She applied to waitress at an SC, but they said, since she had a record, they'd only take her as a dancer. When her parole officer found out she was dancing, he tried to blackmail her into fucking him by threatening to violate her.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    @RickyBoy: met a stripper just a couple of weeks ago who had one of those ankle trackers under one of her leg warmers. Second time I've seen that. DUIs very common among strippers. (Which makes me curious. You have confessed to routinely drinking and driving. Did you ever get one? Or been lucky not to get caught so far?)
  • samsung1
    11 years ago
    Ohio clubs do not have back ground checks - no wonder there are so many ROBs.
  • Clackport
    11 years ago
    ^^^Lol
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    "Ohio clubs do not have back ground checks - no wonder there are so many ROBs"

You must have had a lot of bad luck with ROBs. I've encountered less than 5 in 20+ yrs. A LOT who aren't worth the money paid, but NOT pure ripoff artists.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    Shadow, the Anna you speak of isn't a small thin blonde girl is she?
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    I've met more than my fair share who got arrested for drug possession, and another fair share who got busted for DUI. But at least here in Nebraska, it seems they really only go after the ones with intent to distribute, and the same seems to go for Iowa and Missouri as well. But I do know at least one former dancer got up in a drug possession ring and had to serve a lengthy sentence. One of my faves is a friend and she tries to get her to come into the club, but thus far, she hasn't. It's too bad, because was my first pure favorite from my favorite club (a lot of my early favorites there were ones I knew before from elsewhere, this was the first I met there for the first time) and if she came in, it would be just like she was never away. Then again, she might want to leave this whole life behind.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    shark - No. She is medium size and had dark hair the last time I saw her.
  • gatorfan
    11 years ago
    I was killed by a stripper once.
  • Otto22
    11 years ago
    The local paper where my Florida place is located runs mug shots of those who were arrested the previous day. While down there I began to notice dancers from a local club showing up in the paper nearly every day. I began the practice of printing out their photos and bringing them to the club where I would present them to the girls with a warning that now their real names and ADDRESSES! were now known to all. Given the lengths that many dancers go to protect their real identities, not to mention addresses, this seemed to me to be dangerous for the girls. While all acknowledged that this newspaper "outing" was dangerous, I don't believe that such exposure will change their behaviors.
    For what it's worth, the most common charges were drug related and failure to appear.
  • ilbbaicnl
    11 years ago
    Glad you're better now gatorfan.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion