tuscl

From a recent review for Oasis Goodtime Emporium in Atlanta.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
"Then it got weird, they cleared all the stages and had strange fire eater act on the main stage. So we had that nonsense for 15 minutes. Went to take a piss, and on the way back to our table saw one of the bouncers and chatted with him. He said they are now under the town of Doraville and required to do "family entertainment" periodically during the night thus the fire eater with no strippers on the other stages. The bouncer did not seem to be thrilled with this change either."

I have seen this sort of thing in Mexico but not in any U.S.A. club.

9 comments

• motorhead
    11 years ago
    "Family Entertainment"

I see Disney owned strip clubs in Doraville's future
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    Some of the dancers could perform as sword swallowers. Others could do magic--they can make your money disappear.
  • 23cambyman
    11 years ago
    Jackslash- LOL that was hilarious!!!
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Reminds me of the Jim Rose Sideshow Circus. That shit was gnarly.
  • Joelle
    11 years ago
    What the hell happened to my favorite club since I"ve beena away??
  • VeryBigDawg
    11 years ago
    Yep this is true. The Fire eater show sounds good in print, but it really is *not* very entertaining. YMMV.

The moral of the story: Go to Follies in Atlanta!
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    In the 1980's Cheetah's in Windsor, Canada, would sometimes have a drag queen comedian who would perform for an hour. I went to this strip club to see tits and pussy, and so I wasn't too pleased to have to watch a drag queen instead. But the guy was actually pretty funny.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    ^ as jack said – I go to the SC to see T&A; anything else is pretty much an undesired distraction.
  • Rod8432
    11 years ago
    Any of those "feature" acts are a downer and distraction, IMHO. It's like at a party. You're grooving, talking with a hot girl, enjoying your food and drink, and then... all of sudden comes the tinkling of glass. Somebody has an announcement to make, and then there's going to be some kind of special feature or activity. Frustrating and usually poorly timed, right when I'm getting into the swing of things.

I read once that the job of a party giver is to provide a cool place, good food/drink, and fun/unobtrusive music. Then, sit back and let folks have a good time.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion