tuscl

John McCain hopes $1 coin leads to bigger tips for strippers

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/national/j…

When asked about how replacing the dollar bill with a coin would affect strippers' tips, McCain responded, "I hope that they could obtain larger denominations."

Don't any politicians care about us poor pathetic losers?

11 comments

• goldmongerATL
    11 years ago
    Hey, with inflation compared to when some of us started clubbing we are tipping quarters today!.

I see the rise of the $2 bill. I know of clubs in S.C. that give them out in change instead of one's.
  • deogol
    11 years ago
    I wouldn't mind seeing the two dollar bill become more popular...
  • minnow
    11 years ago
    Where are you, farmerart? In Canada, the smallest paper denomination is the 5 dollar bill. There are dollar coins (Loonie), and 2 dollar coins (Toonie), named roughly after the birds appearing on the coin. I've heard of the "Loonie Toss" in Canadian clubs.

As for the $2 bill becoming more popular- I saw nothing in proposed bill that said anything about increasing the production of the paper Jeffersons. That is been printed for quite some time, it never really gained any traction, and I don't see it gaining traction anytime soon. FYI, current CPI-U is ~ double what it was in 1988.

What I do see gaining traction is for greater usage of credit cards, and in some cases, club "funny money". On some websites with stagecams, there is actually a provision for members to tip a designated stage dancer with "credits"( 1 credit= $1). Some clubs even have a "rain machine", with usually $50- $100 being required to make it rain. (Trapdoor opens in the ceiling, accompanied by faux thunder noises.) Funny money is a pita on 2 levels: Customers will have to pay more for a given ammount of $$ (like $110 and up to get $100 in funny money), and dancers will get a smaller cut (probably < $90 in real money per $100 in funny money). A potential profit making source for clubs, not so great for patron and dancer. Net effect may be to drive up motivation for OTC even more.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    "$1 coin leads to bigger tips for strippers"

Maybe that will get rid of $1 "$1 bill Raining"!

BUT guys with $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to burn can cause sone raining with larger bills I guess. LMFAO!
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    CPI is a bullshit number. CPI doubling in 25 years translates into only 2.8% average annual inflation. no way in hell that accurately reflects reality.
  • likes2look
    11 years ago
    I made it rain one time with dollar coins. It was more like a hail storm. Then they kicked me out.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    I heard about some secret plan the Fed has to do away with all paper currency and make us go electronic 100%. I hoped it was hogwash. I like tipping several dancers a dollar. If my only choice was a 2 or 5 dollar bill, I would drastically cut back tipping. Converting ecash to club paper wouldn't be as much fun and I would want to either minimize the amount I had which would make me think twice before I tipped someone or I would convert all club paper cash back to ecash before I left a club if the club allowed it. I suspect many clubs might not. Just thinking how strip clubs might handle a cashless society.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    I was going to say I heard John McCain said he was bad with economics. Somehow I don't believe too many dancer's would allow me to stick a dollar coin in their slot every time I wanted to make a tip. Bad idea.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    John McCain should remember a lot of people do not want to carry around a lot of heavy coins nor do they like dollar coins that resemble the size of the quarter. Maybe he doesn't.
  • ilbbaicnl
    11 years ago
    The North Vietnamese only gave John one dollar's worth of rice per week, so he sympathizes greatly with strippers.
  • goldmongerATL
    11 years ago
    I was limiting my prediction of the rise of the $2 bill to strip clubs, not the economy in general. :-)

Of course some clubs would try to make a profit. I can see waitresses selling nine $2 bills for $20.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion