tuscl

Maybe my memories are tainted....

I remember when girls used to actually dance at clubs. They had pole tricks and would try to show up one another.(think u got served). Now more often than not I see girls walking around the stage like zombies, others stare at themselves the whole time in the mirror, or my favorite of all laying down on stage girl.
They used to come around for tips and wiggle in your lap for half a song. They asked your name and told you theirs. They would work for a dollar at the table to get you to want to go back for a private. Now IF they come around its "U tippin?" No name, no greeting, no table dance, no boobs in your face for a dollar. They hold out the side of their thong and expect money for doing nothing.
Are you a dancer? Nope, I saw no dancing. An entertainer ? Nope, I am not entertained. But. girls now lay out their sad ass sob story to make you feel bad and want to help them. I came here for me, to suspend reality not to listen to u complain about your kids, boyfriend, pimp, landlord, girlfriend, or anyone else who is not kissing your ass.
Finally fitness/hygiene. I remember the majority of girls were great smelling hard bodies without fat rolls or used up saggy tits that smelled like rotten fish.( I am sure actually dancing burns more calories than being horizontal on stage).
Maybe I just got old. Maybe the scene and game changed but I call to action all individuals who are not satisfied with the current state of your local clubs. Stop giving money to fat, lazy, smelly strippers and encouraging their behavior and sense of entitlement. Demand more for YOUR hard earned money.

17 comments

• Clackport
    11 years ago
    Dancer quality is definitely down from a few years ago.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    I agree with many of your points. I miss amazing pole work. When Deja Vu Ontario(CA) was still open, I enjoyed the Po'lympics. Too many gals want tips for no other reason than for being born with a pink ATM between their legs.
    Adam Carolla recently went on a rant about the dancers being too fit and doing too much pole work. It could be your area or choice of clubs. If you have a variety of clubs to choose from, you'll find something for everybody.
    Thanks for a good topic.
  • ididthisonce
    11 years ago
    I agree with Slick. Creative use of the pole seems to be a lost art. I once saw a dancer do a dozen sit-ups at the top of the pole. Tipped her well and she came by to offer thanks. She was drunk as a skunk. I have no idea how she stayed alive and completed the routine. It was back when the Gentleman's Club in Charlotte rocked almost every night.
  • rh48hr
    11 years ago
    I used to tip dancers if they did good pole work even if they weren't my type. I appreciated the effort. At Christie's in Tempe they don't have a pole so patrons can't hold that against them.

Talent has gone down in many clubs.
  • magicrat
    11 years ago
    I saw a dancer in Greenville, SC last week do some amazing pole work. I go to tip her of course and the next thing I know her feet are on my shoulders and she's grinding about 3 inches from my face. My personal theory is that if they expend a ton of energy onstage, the private dances are pretty lame. This girl proved me right.
  • goodsouthernboy
    11 years ago
    I was clubbing last week during the day shift, when the talent is typically low and the club is dead, but to my surprise there were several really hot dancers, giving each other tips on the pole work. Two were exceptional, and I tipped both pretty well. The one I took back doe LDs maintained her exceptional status. I miss the pole work too. At least try to entertain me, if not on the pole, try with whatever you've got!
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Side note on pole dancing-it's really taken off as exercise for civvies.
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    I have to agree that there is less real dancing and pole work. But I'm not too concerned as long as I get to see titties. My CF basically walks around on stage and only touches the pole to swing around. But as soon as her top comes off, I stand at attention (so to speak).
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Carmel! You pinned it when you said sense of entitlement.What's even sadder is when they bring that sense into the real world.Look you're not a princess until you wear my ring or have my child.Until then let the PL's warp your world.
  • Iansmithdfw
    11 years ago
    The deal where they constantly watch themselves in the mirror has become a big turn off for me. It was sort of cute the first couple of times but now it's an automatic deal killer.
  • toysales
    11 years ago
    I was at Secrets in Myrtle Beach a few months ago, there was a dancer that was amazing with her pole work. The place was packed and she stayed busy but before I left I tipped her $10 and told her that I appreciated the show. But there was something odd about her, she and another dancer wore a head scarf the entire time. I don't know if she was Muslim or what.
  • curiositycat
    11 years ago
    I think it is hit or miss depending on the club...ive had more luck with pole tricks at the major chains like dejavu..could be because they have annual pole competitions so it is part of their appeal. You know what else I miss? Where they have costumes they strip off instead of just itty bitty bras and undies. I make sure to monopolize any dancer who dresses up..my personal fave is one dancer who wore a cop costume complete wit cuffs...if I see any dancers doing pole tricks I grab a seatvat perv row and toss a dollar per spin lol
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    IME the more upscale clubs often have the better looking dancers.

It has also been stated by some on the board that better looking dancers often offer less mileage.

With higher mileage dances seeming to be more of the norm over the last few years (some localities may vary) – this may have a inversely proportional effect on dancer looks (i.e. more mileage -> less # of good looking dancer willing to do them?).

It appears one may find the best looking dancers at the more upscale lower mileage clubs?
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    @Winkle-That's a trick she stole from my nephews. Now the young punks want $10 each to stop annoying me.
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    yeh, I'm there to unwind from my problems not listen to her problems. so few dancers anymore get that their job is to sell happiness and fun.

"let's party" is a whole lot more appealing than "willingness out of desperation"
  • duomaxwell
    11 years ago
    Less hot girls want to dance for less than x amount of money a night, so less attractive girls get hired to fill out the clubs roster. Those girls are willing to do more for money, so that pushes out the remainder of the REALLY REALLY hot girls with high standards for acceptable behavior.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    I see a lot of dancers working the pole and going all over the place. One dancer I talked to told me she teaches pole dancing or pole tricks to other dancers. I noticed there are shoe marks on the white ceiling a few feet around the pole about 25 feet or higher up in the air in one club. Some dancers seem to have trouble gripping the pole and climbing up. Others grab a towel and wipe it down first. Some take a pin out at the base so the pole can spin. The pole can spin on the main stage at club Lust. I haven't seen too many poles that can spin.

Some of the girls at Platinum climb around the multiple poles on the satellite stages like monkeys as if it was natural for them. I still remember one dancer when I lived in NC who told me she could just about hold the pole using only her butt muscles. She proved it during a lap dance.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion