tuscl

A Few Questions About Precious Metals

chandler
Blue Ridge Foothills
Apparently, there's a club in Florida somewhere called Pure Platinum/Solid Gold. Well, which is it? It can't be both. Shouldn't it be called Part Platinum/Part Gold?

As for Platinum Plus, isn't that inferior to Pure Platinum? Plus what? Aluminum? Shouldn't it be called Platinum Alloy?

And why is Brad's Brass Flamingo better than Brad's Gold Club? Is it the flamingo? Shouldn't Brad make it the Gold Flamingo and clear up any confusion?

Thanks in advance!

9 comments

• messaround
    19 years ago
    We need to check - if you charge dances to a Platinum Card at a Platinum Club do you get double mileage?

Does the same hold true for a Gold Card?

I'm Silver with Continentals Frequent Flyer Club and get a bonus of 25% mileage :)
  • pop
    19 years ago
    Some time during the last 10-15 years the perception that platinum is better than gold became prevalent. That plus the blond thing made it a natural for strip clubs. Another wierd thing is that Wachovia offers a platinum plus credit card. Sad to say, you don't get any free dances with it.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    My wife shops at BJ's all the time. Every time she mentions it I have trouble keeping from laughing. She wouldn't be amused if she knew why.
  • pop
    19 years ago
    That's exactly what you get at Platinum Plus in Columbia. At the other ones you get the girls and the contact but not the good prices. BTW, before it became Platinum Plus it was called Alley Cats.

So just what is the ultimate strip club name. I think it's strange thate few clubs have orchid in the name. Wild Orchid is one, but why not a damp orchid? How about the Dive Shop. I suppose that would be confusing. Maybe the best name is simply BJ's.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    Only if they had cute young girls giving inexpensive high-contact LD's like Brad's does. Then I'd call them platinum-plus. Or is that name already taken?
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    So the absolute top club would be Brad's Pure Platinum/Solid Gold Flamingo Plus Brass Club?
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    I believe that platinum is more expensive than gold, possibly because there are more industrial uses? And titanium doixide greatly increases the cost of paint: the higher the TiO2 content, the costlier (and better hiding power of) the paint. Worth doing. But I think there are more Gold Clubs than Platinum Clubs. I wonder if the Gold Clubs are related to each other, or is it just a name that club owners like. Personally I'm more attracted to places with names like Stubby's Bar.

I always associated the Brass Flamingo with the Brass Monkey of nautical fame, I just assumed that was the origin. Plus I don't think you'd ever find a real Flamingo in Indy so it might as well be brass. Maybe we should ask Brad. Another assignment for Chitown?
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    Well I've always been confused by platinum. They use it in catalytic converters, but it is almost as rare as gold, so it should have similar value one would think. As for solid gold, that would also be 24K gold. Gold however in lower grades such as 18K is often mixed with platinum. Gold is also sometimes mixed with pallidium to make white gold, but you never hear of a club called Pallidium. As for Pure Platinum/Solid Gold, they are numbers 78 and 79 on the periodic table of the elements, so they do occur right next to each other (right between Iridium and Mercury). As for Brass, it is an alloy of Copper and Zinc, Bronze is an alloy of copper and Tin, but I've never heard of a Bronze club or a Copper club, or a Zinc or Tin club for that matter. Go figure. I also find the credit card alloys interesting. My brother once got an offer for a "Titanium Card". Supposedly a step up from the "Platinum Card" or the now lowly "Gold Card", but Titanium is actually so abundant we use it as a pigment (in the form of Titanium Oxide) for making paint white. Somebody missed on that market study.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    As I recall, Brad's Gold Club is a lot fancier and pricier than the Brass Flamingo (which is why we all prefer the latter), so maybe that explains that one. Actually somewhere I read (probably a review) that one or both of them changed hands a few years ago, so they may not even be Brad's anymore.

But your point is well taken. I'd guess that much of the world is an alloy, there aren't many pure metals anywhere. But as long as they give it 110%, who cares.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion