tuscl

wristbands

Sunday, June 30, 2013 9:09 PM
I stopped at a few Toledo clubs on my way back from Detroit yesterday and noticed their clubs put wristbands on you when you pay the cover charge. These were annoying and I took them off after I got inside. I think their logic behind this was to allow you to re-enter without having to pay the cover charge a second time. When I was leaving the door man stopped and asked if I wanted a wristband to be allowed to return later. I declined. Might also have to do with helping out the waitresses identify who is allowed to drink and who isn't allowed to drink because I saw two different colors (so I'm assuming one for 18-20 age group). I know several Columbus clubs don't even bother to let the 18-20 age group in because of the underage drinking problem. They used to make the underage group pay an inflated cover charge and give them a t-shirt to wear to identify they were underage but it was too easy for them to find ways to take off their t-shirts (I saw one in the bathroom stall before). I wonder if they do this every night or just on the busy Saturday nights.

16 comments

• shadowcat
    11 years ago
    Follies make the under 21 dancers wear orange wrist bands. Also dancers that are on alcohol restriction due to abuse problems.
  • segui
    11 years ago
    I saw two dancers under 21 in Oasis Goodtime Emporium at ATL wear orange wrist bands
  • lopaw
    11 years ago
    At a club I went to for the first time on Saturday they offered a wristband for $12 that entitled you to anytime 3/$40 nude dances, not just during promo time. Good deal there.
  • GoVikings
    11 years ago
    The 2 Paper Moons in Richmond put a wristband on customers when they pay the cover charge. These 2 clubs are non smoking, so they use the wristband to keep track of who has already paid, just in case they run outside for a smoke break or have to go to their car
  • samsung1
    11 years ago
    I wonder if you visit during the day when there is no cover and get a wrist band and then come back at night still wearing it when there is a cover.
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    The one club I visit regularly will have 3 different color wristbands, one for over-age, one for under-age, and one for those who have bought a VIP pass. And the colors for each are different every night because they get a nice deal from their supplier for getting every color of wristband. The other regular club that uses them has them simply to note who's bought private dances. In general, I think wristbands are the biggest ripoff in all strip clubs.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    I've see a few dancers that should have to wear bags.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    Clubber: "I've see a few dancers that should have to wear bags." Sure, look no further than Payer11's gallery.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    The bands happen every night as far as I can tell. I've been to clubs on most different nights & have always got a band in Toledo.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    I agree with dougster and clubber. There are definitely some dogs on player11's profile
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    "I wonder if you visit during the day when there is no cover and get a wrist band and then come back at night still wearing it when there is a cover." This I have not tried, so I don't know samsung1.
  • Otto22
    11 years ago
    The Detroit area Hamilton clubs require a toll of $10 to enter the VIP areas but offer a wrist band for the charge so that you only need to pay the toll once per night. Have not yet been able to use one club's wristband at a sister club though.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    I've never seen wristbands inside an sc. Nightclubs, yeah. Strip clubs, no. Interesting.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    "The Detroit area Hamilton clubs require a toll of $10 to enter the VIP areas but offer a wrist band for the charge so that you only need to pay the toll once per night. Have not yet been able to use one club's wristband at a sister club though." These bands are NOT related to the ones you mentioned. ENTIRELY different thing.
  • two4fun1225
    11 years ago
    I have only seen neon green wristbands at the club i frequent and they are only for underage patrons
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    Filly Coral near Pittsburgh give you a wristband if you're over 21 so you can drink. No wristband = no alcohol allowed for you.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion