tuscl

Clubbing on July 4th

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Sunday, June 30, 2013 7:57 PM
I was talking to one of my favorite Follies dancers last Saturday. She said that she worked on July 4th last year and that there were only 7 dancers on the day shift and about 15 after 8PM. We concluded that most of the dancers had kids and took the day off to be with them. There was still a large number of customers, mostly Hispanics. So the ratio of dancers to customers was definitely in the dancers favor. I am gonna spend the day with my family.

15 comments

• boogieknight369
    11 years ago
    Going on the 5th and 6th. But not the 4th.
  • SuperDude
    11 years ago
    It may be corny, but I take the time on July 4th to read the entire Declaration of Independence. It takes just a few minutes. (The NY Times prints the entire document on the last page of the first section on July 4th.) In Boston actors dressed in colonial attire, read the Declaration to the crowd assembled at Fanueil (sp?) Hall. Catch "Revolution" starring Al Pacino, "1776" with Ken Howard, William Prince and Howard de Silva, "The Patriot," starring Mel Gibson or "The Devil's Disciple," starring Burt Lancaster and Kirk Douglas. Hit the clubs on July 5th.
  • friction_lover
    11 years ago
    I prefer grill, pool, and backyard fireworks (responsibly) on the 4th. I imagine dancers with children & stable relationships do the same. It is the slow season though, so I wouldn't be surprised if quality dancers worked. I'm considering visit on 3rd. My movie pick..."ID4". Love it!
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Lake Havasu on the 4th-It's hard to have a better 4th of July than Lake Havasu.
  • JackFrost9
    11 years ago
    On the 4th I'm fucking the old lady
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    I only wish I could do anything on the 4th. I actually have to work that night, thanks to the wonderful nature of the business I work for. One of my regular clubs is not only closed the 4th (no surprise there), but all the way to July 9 (it'd probably be July 8th, but they have never, the whole time I've ever gone there, been open Mondays, so the 9th it is), all because that's when the owner goes on vacation.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    I'll hit the event at my local watering hole. Other than that, reflect on the damage being done to our independence by the current "administration". Oh, and a quick "Hello" to whoever in the NSA reads this!
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    What the government needs to do us start using that NSA money and direct it towards NASA. I couldn't believe that the current administration or any administration for that matter would even contemplate downsizing NASA.
  • PredragDr
    11 years ago
    Mitchell Brothers O'Farrell Theatre is offering free cover that day. It is usually $20-40.
  • SuperDude
    11 years ago
    John Adams on the Fourth of July: The second president, John Adams, would have approved. "I believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary festival," he wrote his wife, Abigail. "It ought to be celebrated by pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires, and illuminations from one end of this continent to the other..."
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    As has been discussed on other similar threads – I tend to avoid SCs on holidays and don’t really recall having that great of a time the few times I’ve done it. I plan to spend the day in South Beach checking at some nice asses for free and then the fireworks show in South Beach at night. (by “nice asses” I mean women’s asses – but as we say around here – to each their own :))
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    Papi - Whenever I hear South Beach, I think of "The Bird Cage". :)
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    I'll state here, Happy INDEPENDENCE DAY to all! I just hope we can get it back!
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    How true Clubber!Just waiting for the midterms.
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    Nah I try not to bother. Besides this is the time where you bum off your friends for barbeques
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion