tuscl

OT: Best Trek ever

zipman68
the speed force!
Sunday, May 26, 2013 11:50 AM
The recent discussions about JJ Trek made me think about what the best Trek was. Trek is so coo-el (with a capital COO and a capital EL) that it is hard to pick the best, but here goes: 1. Next Gen. Can't beat Captain Picard. Dude rocks. Best of Both Worlds cliffhanger some of the best TV ever. 2. Original Series. I grew up on this shizzle and some of those shows were truly top notch. 3. DS9. Took Trek outside it comfort zone...balance between the darker episodes and some of the more typical Trek was a bit jarring. But when they hit the target they were great. 4. Even numbered movies with the original series cast. Wrath of Khan was the best. 5. Voyager. Missed opportunity to really explore what would happen with a ship lost in space. Some good eps like Equinox, but generally a misfire. 6. Next Gen Movies. Never really hit the mark. Generations was best but Kirks death scene sucked. Nemesis really sucked. WTF were they thinking with B4? 7. Animated Trek. Actually a few good eps, like "Beyond the Fathest Star", "Slaver Weapon", and "Yesteryear". But it was a Sat morning cartoon at the end of the day. 8. Enterprise. A prequel was not needed - undermined the mythology. Had a few moments, but generally a waste. 9. Odd numbered movies with original series cast. TMP was marginal but took itself too seriously and rehashed TOS "The Changeling". Search for Spock maybe...but ST V... I remember going to the theater thinking "it is going to get better soon...it is going to get better soon..." It didn't. It got WORSE. Then the film ended. 10. My suggested Trek plot where Alice Eve strips nude and jiggles the massive tits for 5 or 6 min. Then she disarms a "sexy photon torpedo" by sitting on the 12 inch disarming lever, which is sort of shaped like Shane Deisel's dick, until she orgasms. I think she should also get DPed by Kirk and Spock, have some lesbo with Uhura, maybe another DP with Sulu and Chekov (fuck it...she can deep throat Scotty while Sulu and Chekov DP her). Finally she saves the Federation be being gang banged by a bunch of Klingons. 11. JJ Trek.

7 comments

• StripReviewer
    11 years ago
    Deep Space 9 was the best one because it was different without feeling like something other than Star Trek.
  • lazyninja
    11 years ago
    I like Deep Space 9 myself -- it took a couple seasons to find its stride, but it certainly doesn't disappoint. I think Wrath of Khan is the best single example, but it relies on a little back story. From that perspective, it doesn't exactly stand on its own, but as a suspenseful sci-fi flick it really works for me. The action has consequences -- and the stakes are high. It paces itself perfectly and spends some time on themes, too. Not wanting to lose, but having to face death, for example. The new ones, and maybe this is just me being old and curmudgeonly, just seem like there's too much everything. Like they're almost being intentionally obtuse. "Oh, I heard you like big starships. How's THIS for you? Oh, I heard you like loud explosions. Well there's THIS, and THIS..... and THIS!!!!" Too much tension between characters and not enough rapport and trust. Too much comic relief -- what's with Scotty's sidekick? Good for a laugh or two, but he doesn't do anything else. The stories are taking a back seat to eye candy and deafening sound effects. Not that they're bad, but like I said before, it's like someone found out you like something and they've set out to see just how much of it you're willing to take at one time.
  • she_is_covfefe
    11 years ago
    I like TNG, and the "First Contact" movie. TOS is alright; kinda cheesy, but I <3 Spock. I rewatched the JJ Abrams "Star Trek", but didn't like it as much as I liked at first. That movie got me into "Star Trek".
  • gatorfan
    11 years ago
    Space Nuts was the best
  • rh48hr
    11 years ago
    I only saw the original ST in syndication. At first I was not a fan but as I became more of a trekkie with TNG and DS9 I began to appreciate the original. Out of all shows, I thought TNG grew the most over its run (it was a little cheesy at first) and DS9 was fantastically done especially the dominion storyline. I liked voyager specifically for Jeri Ryan In that skin tight outfit as 7 of 9. But i enjoyed the show overall as well. TNG can still be seen in syndication but I have not seen the others in a long time. I wish spike or some channel would bring them back.
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    TNG was by far the best in my book. I enjoyed DS9 most of the time, but never could into it's more extended plot lines. I recognize the quality of TOS but it was hard for me to really enjoy given when I first saw some of it. I liked a couple of the movies; Khan, First contact, Generations... Voyager and Enterprise were unwatchable as were some of the other movies. I enjoyed watching the two newest movies but they don't feel like real Star Trek to me.
  • thenumber10
    11 years ago
    DS9 is my favorite for actually sitting in one place and having to deal with the long term problems from the quick 1 week solutions from the other series. TNG,I grew up with it and love everything about it, just think DS9 was better TOSas fry on futurama said "78 episodes, about half of them good" but its the start of the series. Voyager has its good moments and a handful of good episodes but never really did anything that they didnt hit the reset button on. Enterprise, the first 2 seasons are horrible just terrible from any perspective. The third got better and the fourth was surprisingly alright. I dislike the new movies. I joke that they could be called space trip and rename the ship, planets and characters to something else and the movies would not change. They are as related to trek just like how two books are the same because of their font.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion