tuscl

Pole Tax

Joe from NJ
New York
There is a very good article on the "Pole Tax" that Texas is imposing on strip clubs.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/susannahbres…

Soon maybe other states will see this as a new source of income.

11 comments

• Alucard
    11 years ago
    "Soon maybe other states will see this as a new source of income."

I would not doubt it. Might help.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    I charge tax for my pole
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Say it ain't so Joe, say it ain't so.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    SlickSpic - Maybe you should watch the news more. :)

http://www.news10.net/news/article/19392…
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    I'm wondering if California or some democrats know of anything that they don't want to tax.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    You can't eliminate all Taxes.

A good example of where more money should be appropriated & spent is on National infrastructure.

It is a NATIONAL scandal that the overwhelming majority of bridges in this country are in dire need of fixing. How many more have to fall down???
  • mmdv26
    11 years ago
    related to the link shadowcat put up, several states have suggested that there is some link between rape and strip clubs. I think this might be an incredibly naive bus to jump on for legislators looking for a few more dollars in revenue. Of course piling on some more things for adult entertainment to deal with usually resonates well with the even more naive voters.
  • Joe from NJ
    11 years ago
    Sorry Shadow Cat, I don't watch the SACRAMENTO, CA news, as I live on the east coast. The article that I referenced in the posting was on a national website.
  • nickifree
    11 years ago
    Most of the upscale clubs in Austin waive the fee for customers. The clubs just cover the cost themselves. But when it was first implemented a lot of daytime guys simply stopped going in. It was only three bucks but it caused a lot of resentment.

For most of the clubs here it really killed the daytime attendance.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    In my simple mind I think that men having a venue (SCs; legal prostitution) to have their sexual needs met would decrease rape/sexual-assaults rather than increase them.
  • Joe from NJ
    11 years ago
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion