tuscl

Does Portland have the Highest Number of Strip Clubs per Capita?

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
Does Portland have the Highest Number of Strip Clubs per Capita? Here's the answer by a Portland columnist:

http://www.wweek.com/portland/article-20…

The most interesting thing to me was that the writer used TUSCL to find the answer.

I have a rather trivial complaint about the story. The writer does not calculate "strip clubs per capita" but rather the number of people per club.

5 comments

• Dougster
    11 years ago
    Good news for our boy, the TUSCL young player, nukey-boy.
  • GoVikings
    11 years ago
    Where the fuck is that kid ranukam when you need him? :)
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    1. I'm glad to see that the survey used TUSCL for its directory of strip clubs. I do believe TUSCL's directory is the most accurate of any strip club web site I've ever seen.

2. Certainly Ranukam whill chime in on this, once he sees it. By my estimation, the thread was posted around 6:00 a.m. (PDT) 5/16/2013. Maybe Ranukam doesn't check TUSCL at that hour.

3. I've mentioned this before about Portland strip clubs: It is often cited as having the highest per capita of strip clubs in the U.S. However, in my experience trying to find a good one, one night before my TUSCL days, I encountered something unusual. A few (maybe several) that are listed in TUSCL are more of a divey restaurant/bar that have a small stage at one end with an occasional stripper appearing on it. Those seem like leftovers from a previous era. Perhaps Ranukam can break down the actual number of true strip clubs there.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    I had some PL time to kill a while back and actually did an *informal* SCs per *state* capita calculations a while back.

https://www.tuscl.net/postread.php?PID=2…

In particular, look at Samsung1’s 6th post on that thread where he lists all 51 states – in case you are really interested
  • Clackport
    11 years ago
    It's tough to say. I know Portland is right up there. There are 62 or 63 strip clubs listed on TUSCL for Portland, but 1 of them is a male strip club, a few are jack shacks, a few are adult video stores, a few are lingerie modeling. So in reality there are about 49 true strip clubs in Portland.

I'm pretty sure Las Vegas is a bigger city than Portland, and I counted 30 strip clubs listed on TUSCL for Vegas not knowing if all of them are actual true strip clubs. As far as Tampa I'm not sure which city is bigger Tampa or Portland, but I counted 32 or 33 strip clubs listed on TUSCL for Tampa not knowing if all of them are actual true strip clubs.

So judging by that it would seem that Portland would be number one. If that's true, that's pretty cool. Portland has definitely got a shitload of strip clubs.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion