tuscl

New review format for Silkypants

silkypants
Minnesota
Wednesday, May 15, 2013 8:26 PM
All of my previous reviews were rejected due to the appearance of copying and pasting previous review detail that have not changed. I am going to go back to writing reviews like everyone else. It is a lot of work writing a detailed reviews of all the clubs I visited and reworking them after each visit.

17 comments

• shadowcat
    11 years ago
    How can you have credit for 59 reviews if all your previous reviews were rejected? If they were rejected because of the list of clubs at the end, I can understand the rejection. It is not pertinent to the review you are doing and I doubt that any one gives a shit.
  • jerikson40
    11 years ago
    Dude, I have to give you a lot of credit for putting a lot of effort and detail into your reviews. A lot of people could learn something from you on how to write a good review. Yeah, the big list of your top 25 or whatever clubs at the end of every review might be a bit much, but from my perspective it's a lot better than the clowns who just write a short paragraph of useless crap and call it good. And I really appreciate people giving their overall perspective on their top clubs...trying to figure that out from individual reviews is often impossible.
  • silkypants
    11 years ago
    Total reviews are 59. All credit for those reviews except one have been removed. Founder wasn't specific. I believe Founder felt the whole review was copied. New style of reviews are quicker. Don't have to use a format at all. Just Juicebox69 style stream of consciousness.
  • jerikson40
    11 years ago
    So you mean that any VIP credit gained for those reviews was lost?
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    silky, that doesn't make any sense. Your reviews are the best. They're detailed and informative and useful. I wonder if Founder really read them. I wish everybody wrote reviews like yours instead of the one-paragraph, semi-literate crap that most reviewers provide.
  • silkypants
    11 years ago
    Jerikson40 - Just submitted a review today that was approved and I am good now through June 13, 2013. jackslash - don't know what to say. New clubs start from a blank sheet. For clubs I have been to before I make updates starting with the previous reviews.
  • girlmoneys
    11 years ago
    They sure seemed useful to me, which is the whole point of a review, isn't it?
  • Electronman
    11 years ago
    I too appreciated your reviews although you really needed to include some explanation of the Farmerart and contact scoring system that you typically reported. I have no idea what those scores represented so I just read the content--- which was typically well written and useful.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    If they were felt to be copied & pasted, maybe the Founder felt he was doing the right thing. " Don't have to use a format at all. Just Juicebox69 style stream of consciousness." That may not be acceptable either, you can only try & see.
  • JuiceBox69
    11 years ago
    Founder has rejected a few of mine and so I did not bitch I just rewrote a better review.....i respect founder for that
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    I'm surprised that any reviews are rejected except for the ones that that computer kicks out for being too short. I thought that the only time an editor read a review was if it got flagged. We always see reviews by shills, etc that go through unnoticed until some one brings it to Founders attention. Did either of you guys ask for or get an explanation?
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    I’m in agreement w/ most that I think your reviews are very well written and informative and better than 95% of the review I come across. I don’t understand why you say all of your previous reviews were rejected since it shows that you have 60 reviews total? W.r.t. your list. I tend to think it is repetitive but then again I am used to reading your reviews – perhaps most TUSCLers will only come across your list once and thus it may be of good value to them. Perhaps your list repetition may have triggered a flag in the system and that could be the reason for the review rejection??? One thing that came to mind when I originally started reading your reviews is that I thought you could perhaps move your list over to your profile area and update it when you need to. That way you have the list in just one place and don’t have to repeat it in every single review – you can instead maybe just make a note on the review w.r.t. the list in your profile? Hope that you are not deterred from writing your reviews. Let us know if it continues to be an issue and those of us that do think you write very good reviews can contact Founder and let him know that good reviews are being kicked out.
  • SoonerSam
    11 years ago
    You write informative reviews, but I'm not a particular fan of copying and pasting the same thing over and over again. I have written multiple reviews of the same club, but I am more interested in providing more information about my current visit than rehashing the same general info over and over. And while you may be right that stories are not reviews, they can be a good gauge of how the club currently functions on a particular day/night and dancer quality/mileage. I'm not saying you don't provide that, but I do want more than dry general info. I actually like the stories. Maybe I'm a rarity on TUSCL. I've only been here since October, so ... You certainly can choose to ignore this if you like. Just my two cents.
  • JuiceBox69
    11 years ago
    Ive gotten reasons and I worked on fixing them and then my reviews was accepted....
  • silkypants
    11 years ago
    My final words on this subject. Founder pm'd me and gave me back my review credits I had lost with a reminder to just submit original reviews. My plan is keep the detail about the club same so new viewers can get the layout of the clubs without having to crawl through hundreds of reviews. I will drop my top list out of the bottom of my reviews because I got feedback that at least some people don't care. I will had more details of my individual escapades each time I visit a club which aren't really a review but will let everyone know how much fun I had. I only right reviews after I have visited a club but I have visited some clubs like the Penthouse club in Detroit 16 times so I have 16 reviews. Well I am off to clubs ranked one and two this weekend with new format reviews to be provided later. Still can't believe King of Diamonds in MN is #4 and Mons Venus is #16. Those are comparable clubs with no comparison. Mons kicks King of Diamonds ass every time.
  • minnow
    11 years ago
    Silky- I'm glad to hear that things worked out between you and founder. To offer some constructive criticism: I would suggest that you discontinue your practice of putting your rankings list at the end of every one of your reviews. Instead, consider putting them in an article, or DB thread. I'm speculating that founder has some sort of "cut and paste" screener programmed in. Your rankings list, even with the minor variations, would likely "trigger" a cut and paste screener. The actual reviews are very good/ useful. Although an interesting list, I could care less about sifting through a 30 some bucket list for clubs. Really, if I'm on a business overnight in Dallas, and I see a Miami club rated 10 slots higher than Dallas, am I really going to spring for a redeye round trip to Miami and back on my own dime? Thus list belongs more in an article than an individual club review.
  • Experimental
    11 years ago
    I've read many of silkypants reviews and see nothing wrong with them. I don't mind his list of clubs either. I don't exactly understand the farmerart scale but...meh no biggie. Keep up the good work Silky! I don't know how KOD is #4 either. There has to be some manipulation going on there or the scoring system is severely flawed. I wouldn't put any Twin City club in the top 100.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion