tuscl

Car Jackers

Thursday, April 18, 2013 7:29 AM
Two car jackers pulled up next to a Porsche in a jacked BMW. One hoped out pointed a gun at the driver of the Porsche and ordered him out of the car and to run away. The the BMW speed away and the car jacker hopped in the Porsche only to discover it had a manual transmission and he could not drive a stick. Needless to say he was apprehended. Shows the state of our educational system when criminals are to dumb to steal not knowing that the Porsche had a stick and how lazy we are not to have manual cars anymore.

28 comments

• crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    That is funny... did the owner of the porsche go back when the cops got there and start the "what you gonna do, what you gonna do when they come for you"
  • baconator
    11 years ago
    Almost every car I've owned has had a manual transmission. More fun to drive and I figure it's a free deterrence factor for thieves.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    My last 3 cars have all been manual transmitions. Currently I drive a Mustang GT with 6 speed manual. The benefits of a stick shift are: 1) lower original cost 2) cheaper to repair 3) better gas mileage 4) faster 5) more fun to drive I also believe that drivers of stick shift automobiles are safer than most others. Another advantage is that people don't ask to borrow it. LOL.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    What you gonna do
  • Tiredtraveler
    11 years ago
    Shadow my feelings exactly.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    sc, Let's take your list further... 1) lower original cost A Harley is even lower cost. Well some are. :) 2) cheaper to repair A Harley is even cheaper, if not taken to a H-D dealer. 3) better gas mileage A Harley always has better gas mileage then a "fun to drive car". 4) faster Depends. :) 5) more fun to drive Every wonder why dogs ride with their heads out the window?
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    OK Clubber - I would like to see you getting a BJ on your Harley while doing 65mph on an interstate. :)
  • EarlTee
    11 years ago
    The gas-mileage gap between automatics and manuals has narrowed greatly in recent years. On some cars and with some drivers, automatics actually deliver better mileage. I still prefer a manual, though. Isn't anyone going to make a stick-shifting joke?
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    sc, No argument there. I'd love to see that as well!!! :)
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    My fav and I were going somewhere and she was shifting until I poped my clutch...wow I still had 4 more gears to go.
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Shad! You come across as a yellow corvette driver.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    When I was 16 my dad bought my older sister a used car with a manual transmission. She never could learn so I showed my dad I could drive it so I got it.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    Bikes in Mexico have Manuel transmissions.
  • mmdv26
    11 years ago
    I've never owned an automatic transmission. Even my wife prefers manual tran. So the thief couldn't drive a stick... I went to a grocery store the other day, and the young girl at the cash register counted my change back to me. I commented to her supervisor standing nearby that I was impressed. The supervisor said the store owner insists on all cashiers being taught to count change back.
  • sclvr5005
    11 years ago
    I agree that manuals are way more fun to drive but what if a car jacker got pissed off that they couldn't drive it and turned that anger towards the driver? In that rare event you'd be safer with an auto. But I think most purists would play the odds.
  • GoVikings
    11 years ago
    I don't know how to drive a stick either. This thread reminds me of when my mom tried to teach me how to drive a stick in a red truck she use to own. At the time, I didn't know how to drive at all and was very nervous- so it didn't go well and I'd always have the stick lock up on me and then the car would shake, lol. That's so annoying. After that, I never really got back around to learning/trying to drive a stick shift, so I still don't know how to drive one to this day. I admit it's a useful thing to know, though.
  • farmerart
    11 years ago
    The first time I ever drove an automatic was when I borrowed my sister's car for a quick trip while my truck was up on the hoist for repairs. I was lost! All my company F-150s are manual transmission as, of course, are all the semis and tankers. As I age, however, I will admit to appreciating the convenience of an automatic whenever I rent a car on my travels in strange cities (except in Europe where automatic rentals are very rare and very expensive, if available).
  • gawker
    11 years ago
    I taught both of my children to drive standards and they appreciate it to this day. Until recently I always had sticks but have grown to appreciate the new 6 and 7 speed automatics. And I appreciate getting head at highway speed.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    Anybody remember the Dodge push button transmition? [view link] my '57 Dodge was my first automatic.
  • londonguy
    11 years ago
    This reminds me of when I used to work for a U.S. company. We had an incident and a whole bunch of guys came over from Georgia. They all hired cars that were manual and one guy often opened the door with his right hand instead of changing gear with his left.
  • minnow
    11 years ago
    Even race/sports cars are becoming more automated. "Paddle shift" (engaging paddle like switches to shift vs stick and clutch arrangement) is the norm on race cars. Auto transmission with paddle shift option is found on several high end sports cars. More corvettes are so equipped vs the standard 6 speed manual.
  • rh48hr
    11 years ago
    I prefer manual transmission vehicles. One of the funniest things you can watch is someone trying to learn how to drive a manual transmission (Sorry GoVikings). Growing up my dad had VW Beatle with a stick and he would let me shift gears as he drove. Very fond memory.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    sc, You're so old you remember when a car was really a horse and buggy! :)
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    Clubber - Yes and my first air plane ride was in a DC3.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    sc, Don't feel bad. I flew many a times between Miami and Key West in a DC-3. [view link] The first time I flew was on Delta in 1970. Likely a DC-9 who be my guess.
  • endlesstempo
    11 years ago
    How do you get road head in a manual? I guess if you have sport paddles behind your wheel for gear shifting I guess I can understand, but if you have to change gears while getting road head and she's leaning over, I imagine it would be difficult or distracting to one or both parties lol.
  • mikeya02
    11 years ago
    I knew a girl who worked for Naples Airlines. I flew from Miami to Naples in a DC-3. Cool.
  • deogol
    11 years ago
    <i>Even race/sports cars are becoming more automated. "Paddle shift" (engaging paddle like switches to shift vs stick and clutch arrangement) is the norm on race cars. Auto transmission with paddle shift option is found on several high end sports cars. More corvettes are so equipped vs the standard 6 speed manual.</i> Maserati's have them...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion