tuscl

First Signs Of Spring At 61 Degrees North Latitude - Bad For Miami On April 20

Wandering through the camp today I saw bear footprints all over the snow near the garbage bins - from the size of the footprints, probably one adult grizzly and at least two cubs. This is a sure sign that spring is imminent in the north. Those buggers don't come out of hibernation in their winter dens until their bodies give them signs that food will be available. Lots of stupid young fawns are wandering around now - perfect grizzly snacks. Earlier this week I saw a high flying V-shaped formation of snow geese heading north. They, also, are a harbinger of spring in the far north. Temperature tonight is currently -20C but with over 14 hours of direct bright sunshine each day now, daytime temperatures are comfortably above 0C for most of the day.

Sadly, I don't think I will be able to get away to the tuscl Miami gathering at Tootsie's on April 20; work is just too frantic at spring break-up time in a northern exploration camp . I will hold my flight reservations until the last minute because I am very 'keen' on a trip to Tootsie's.

18 comments

• Clubber
    11 years ago
    If you don't make it, we will miss you fa! Tell you what, if you can't get down this way, I'll take a couple in the LD area just for you. ;)
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    that is still awfully cold IMO. Those temps are reason enough to 'thaw out' in Miami.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    "in spring a young man's fancy turns to thoughts of love?" Or is that lust for strippers? :)
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    Art, I hope you can make it. If you don't, I'll be forced to take up the slack, and my old heart may give out from that many lap dancers.
  • silkypants
    11 years ago
    Art, I don't know what you are talking about. It was snowing in Minnesota yesterday and may snow again on Wednesday a week before Miami. I am starting to think spring is just a myth.

Remember Art, you can't buy more time and this would just be an opportunity lost. An opportunity to take a Latin girl upstairs that doesn't speak a word of English and will hold up a certain number of fingers to tell you how much it costs. If you aren't interested in that opportunity I can list about five more you would be missing out on.
  • vincemichaels
    11 years ago
    Bring a few bears with you !! SHEESH !!!
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    vincemichales: "Bring a few bears with you !! SHEESH !!!"

Yeah, get them out of the stock market already.
  • minnow
    11 years ago
    art- How do these conditions at 26 deg. North (approximate Lat. of Tootsies) grab you:

1) Todays temp @ Sunset: 23 deg C
    2) RECORD LOW 2nd half Apr: 13 deg C
    3) AVERAGE HIGH/LOW 2nd half Apr: 27/20 deg C (from weather.com)

• Alucard
    11 years ago
    "I am starting to think spring is just a myth."

THINK environmental change!!
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    Grizzly Bears....a 2AMer in Canada
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    Perhaps this should be it's own topic and if there aren't response here, I'll create one, but how do we plan to know each other? Any ideas?

This may have been discussed before, if so I need a refresher course. :)
  • pabloantonio
    11 years ago
    Art:

Does a bear shit in Canada?
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    farmerart will be the one with a big bulge in his pants
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    Lol
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    And his wallet! :)
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    How will we know each other?

Maybe we could post a brief physical description of ourselves.

Or we could wear some kind of badge or tag. A "PL" badge around the neck?
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    jack,

I like the "PL" idea. Just a simple indication somewhere. Even a note on the table(s). Might even help strike up a conversation with a dancer or three. You know one will ask what "PL" stands for. Anyone have good ideas for a response, other than the obvious one, pussy licker?
  • vincemichaels
    11 years ago
    How about some other letter combination like "TU" or "CO". "TU" might be too obvious, but it would flag the TUSCL people's attention.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion