tuscl

a question for you dancers

bang69
North Carolina
If a dancer get fired frim a sc. They get black listed. Which means thry can't dance at any club.

19 comments

• pabloantonio
    12 years ago
    Bang:

I'm not a dancer but; I have favs that were fired from clubs. They simply packed their bag and went across town to another club.

How much experience do you have?

Do you actually talk to any of the girls you get dances from?
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    12 years ago
    Your title is "a question . . . " However, you made a statement, you didn't ask question. Care to rephrase it as a question?
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    farmerart can tell you that it does happen in Alberta where most of the dancers are hired through agencies to work under contract for short periods of time.
  • MsX
    12 years ago
    Bang69, the only way a dancer could get "black listed" from ALL the clubs is if they are all owned by the same person. So let ur friend know that thats bullshit. She can just go down the street to the next club.
  • farmerart
    12 years ago
    shadowcat is correct. All clubs (but two) in my province hire dancers through an agency. Being blackballed by one club means no work anywhere in Alberta because the agencies will not use a blackballed girl. No house dancers in Alberta clubs.

Alberta clubs are tough for horndogs.
  • jackslash
    12 years ago
    It seems to me that one of the good things about being a stripper is that you can always get a job. Dancers I know quit--or get fired--rather frequently, and they just go to another club. Club owners--unless they engage in illegal collusion--are happy to hire an experienced dancer away from the competition.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    I've never known anyone to get blacklisted.

The most drug addicted ROB in the world can get fired today and work elsewhere tomorrow.

Even at the corporate Deja Vu clubs.

Here in Michigan, there are DJV clubs in Kalamazoo, Lansing, Flint, Saginaw. Many girls get fired at one club and just drive to another club for awhile until their home club eventually takes them back.
  • canny
    12 years ago
    It depends on the area and how many clubs there are. I know one dancer who only has one club left that she can work at because none of the others in the area will hire her.
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    "Your title is "a question . . . " However, you made a statement, you didn't ask question. Care to rephrase it as a question?"

It is that confusion between asking a question and stating a fact that many in the club have.
  • duomaxwell
    12 years ago
    There are dancers that get fired from clubs, wait two weeks and then return as if nothing happened. IME it's really hard for a dancer to get blacklisted from EVERY CLUB in her area.
  • DandyDan
    12 years ago
    I wonder how black the blacklist really is. At my favorite club, I knew a girl who was fired, but she came back a couple years later and danced there again. Then again, the club changed owners in that time, so maybe it's just a clean slate with the new owner.
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    You need to differentiate between suspended and fired. There seems to be only 3 reasons to get the axe.
    1) doing or selling drugs on the presmises
    2) stealing from cusomers, the club or co workers.
    3) prostitution

IME a first offense results in a suspension. a week, a month or 6 months. a Second offense usually results in termination. However I have seen it take 3 striks to get kicked out permanently(Gwen)
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    12 years ago
    The Deja Vu clubs here in Washington state seem to have "fired from all clubs" policy. When a dancer gets fired from one of their clubs, she's then prohibited from working at any of the company's other clubs in the state. And they seem to do that for fairly small offenses. I know a dancer who was fired from all of their clubs (9 total, presently), for a "misunderstanding" on which days she was to work. The company was of the opinion she missed three shifts. She was of the opinion she had approval to miss them. She went back months later to ask for her job back, and they said no. The Vu still had record of the "incident."
  • duomaxwell
    12 years ago
    There's a sliding scale at work too, the better looking you are and the more money you make the club the more slack management will cut you.
  • mjx01
    12 years ago
    What Canny said.
  • she_is_covfefe
    12 years ago
    In a small area that have like three or four clubs and the owners are friends with each other (although the clubs might be rivals), a dancer can get blacklisted. I got blacklisted for a while at several clubs around southeast Virginia. If any of y'all is familiar with the area, it's very self explanatory why I got blacklisted.
  • canny
    12 years ago
    One way to get blacklisted by two clubs at the same time is to get caught going back and forth between them and working one night at one and one at the other one.
  • duomaxwell
    12 years ago
    @jayjaydancer If you're talking about RVA area, I'm amazed you got blacklisted at all.
  • she_is_covfefe
    12 years ago
    @duomaxwell: Not at all. I'm talking about the southeast part of Virginia (Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Portsmouth, and Chesapeake). I wasn't allowed in most clubs for like a whole good year.

I danced in RVA only during summer 2011 (a "brutal" summer according to the other dancers, it was pretty brutal in the SE too), and the blacklisting happen in early 2011 only in the 757 and not in the 252, 804, 703, 202 or 443. Why? Someone told them owners I was military and although I'm just reserve and had unit approval, they didn't wanted to take the risk. If I ever go back to RVA, I know some managers who would love to have me back with them. I'll pay them clubs a visit the next time I get to go to Virginia.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion