tuscl

"On TV”

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
The following post by Dalex on the thread “The end of girls gone wild” (https://www.tuscl.net/postread.php?PID=2…):

“… As a 12 year old, pre internet, I used to stay up until GGW commercials came on so I can jerk off …”

Dalex's post made me reminisce about the very early 80s adult TV channel “On TV”.

I recall one could watch “On TV” and it would show on the screen with a line in the middle of the TV screen if one was not a subscriber. But one could see part of the movie/sex-scenes and certain movies (the exception) one could actually make out a lot of what was on the screen.

Like Dalex, I was around 12 or 13 or so and recall staying up late on Fr/Sat nights and having some serious masturbation marathons watching (or trying to watch) “On TV”.

Does anybody else recall the early 80s“On TV” adult channel?

23 comments

• Clubber
    12 years ago
    Papi,

ON TV went back into the 70's. I had a modified box a friend gave me. Worked decent, but was not at all reliable. I think it was related to signal strength.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    12 years ago
    I can recall a cable channel 25-30 yrs. ago, that showed adult content in scrambled form (can't recall its name now). If you waited a while, you could actually discern what was going on, on screen. Every so often, the scrambled image would freeze long enough to see that there was clearly a naked woman visible, but it wasn't worth the effort to devote a lot of time trying to watch--certainly not for masturbatory purposes.
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    Is this what you guys are talking about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXqeQxRvQ…
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    LOL shadow - right on - even the part of getting busted by one's mom LOL.
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    “… but it wasn't worth the effort to devote a lot of time trying to watch …”

When one is 12 or 13 years old w/ raging hormones and that (“ON TV”) is the only access you have to seeing live (vs. photos) naked women, one “makes the effort” :)
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    Hell, ON TV is what got me started with electronics. Had to fix that broken channel!
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    sc,

That was it in "normal" un-decoded form, but with a modified box, it was a lot better.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    If one is old enough remember the really old days of cable, the Lifetime Network used to devote Sundays to "Lifetime Medical Television" meant for medical professionals. (Why they would expect doctors to watch educational television on their only day off is quite the mystery).

Anyway, if one was lucky, you could find a segment on breast exams. That was indeed desperate times.
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    Deogol,

Where you able to fix it where you could actually see the action w/o paying for the service. Do you remember how you went about it?
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    Clubber - I had a pirated box too. :)
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    That technology is long ago - it's all digitally encrypted these days... and free on the internet.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    motor,

Our first TV got like 3-4 channels at most ant was about a 12" screen. Also, we had one of the first color TV's in town, About 20 people came over to watch Bonanza in color (mostly green).

Anyone remember what is likely the first game played on a TV?
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    We got our first TV in 1952. Only 1 TV station. KTLA and it's still an independant station in L.A.
  • DandyDan
    12 years ago
    Never heard of it until you posted this. It appears to have only been in certain markets and was gone from Chicago (its last market) in 1985, before I lived in the area. Of course, knowing my dad, he would have avoided getting this were we able to get it.
  • Tiredtraveler
    12 years ago
    Motorhead: I was up early one Sunday and Lifetime Medical was discussing the latest in Ultrasound technology -- the internal vaginal ultrasound probe. It looked just like a dildo and they demonstrated it on several women two of whom were early in pregnancy, two who were not. Quite interesting especially when they moved the probe around to "view different angles".
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    So, no ideas from anyone?

From above post.

"Anyone remember what is likely the first game played on a TV?"
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    Is wrestling a game? Because I know I watched a lot of it on our first TV.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    My first thought was a boxing match
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    I was speaking of video games, not sports. :)
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    Probably "Pong" then.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    deogol,

Many years before Pong. I would say about 60 years ago.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    sc,

Nice try, but no. I checked and my choice beats yours by 5 years.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion