tuscl

a Stalker?

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
An encounter at a Jacksonville strip club early Saturday led to a woman's sport-utility vehicle being rammed as she was driving and then a man beating on her SUV some more.

The 25-year-old victim told officers who responded to a neighborhood off Harlow Boulevard about 3 a.m. that she had been talking to a man named “Bruce” at Flash Dancers Gentlemen's Club on Blanding Boulevard earlier in the evening. She said she was being nice but continuously rejected the man's pleas to leave the club with her.

According to an arrest report, she said when she did leave, she gave another man named “Robert” a ride home but on the way spotted “Bruce” following her, to which she stopped and told him to quit doing so. After dropping her passenger off, she saw that the man was still following her, so she tried to lose him.

While driving south on Anvers Boulevard, she said the man rammed into the left side of her SUV with the front of his vehicle. She said she became scared and drove into a driveway, honking her horn to get the attention of a resident.

That's when she said the man tried to bash out her windows and got on her hood to try to knock out her windshield, she said. She said she backed up and the man jumped off and finally fled.

Responding officers pulled over a vehicle in the area matching the description given by the woman and a witness. A man wearing clothing also matching a description they were looking for was in the van.

The man told officers he met a woman at the club and was offered sex with her by a man named “Robert” for $300. He said “Robert” and the women took his money but then left the club in the SUV, to which he gave chase but could not keep up, eventually giving up.

The man, identified as 43-year-old Bruce Wayne Deboyd of the 1800 block of Louvre Drive, was arrested and charged with aggravated battery, police said.

14 comments

• Alucard
    12 years ago
    A Lunatic, perhaps intoxicated. Surprised he didn't have an Assault Rifle.
  • dalex
    12 years ago
    alutard, did you read the article?

it seems like it was provoked, dude couldn't keep his cool and the pride got best of him, lost his head.

Not an excuse, but the motives are clear, ROBs do this.
  • jackslash
    12 years ago
    Good reason for dancers to get a concealed pistol permit.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    "it seems like it was provoked, dude couldn't keep his cool and the pride got best of him, lost his head."

You're assuming he is telling the truth, he may be telling a LIE!

Get my name right, unless you are now one of Dougster's TUSCL lackies dalex. [I don't call you names or misspell your handle]
  • dalex
    12 years ago
    you're also assuming she's telling the truth, she may be telling a lie.

obviously they're both lying though.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    I was no where near Jax at that time!!!
  • crazyjoe
    12 years ago
    This is why they invented the make my day law. Thanks to Texas starting it all. Where I live your vehicle is leagally an extention of your home. In a case like this she could shoot and kill the man beating on her vehicle. She may spend a nite in jail and have to go to court but she would not be charged
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    Yep, she needed an AR.
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    It sounds fairly plausible that they tried to rip this guy off but who really knows.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    You don't give $300 to someone you don't know

You give $300 to a ROB you know well
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    crazy,

"She may spend a nite in jail and have to go to court but she would not be charged"

Tell George Zimmerman that!
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    There are ROBs and there are stalkers – hard to tell who was who in this incident.

Both sides of the story are certainly plausible.
  • rickdugan
    12 years ago
    "You're assuming he is telling the truth, he may be telling a LIE!"

I'm inclined to believe that he was ripped off and took it too far. If he was a simple stalker, I don't really see why he would have gone so far as to chase her down, even after being warned off, and to resort to jumping on her car and trying to bash her windshield in.

You can almost see the fact pattern as it unfolded. He initially followed her thinking that he was going to get laid. Then, when she warned him off the first time, it started to sink in that this is likely a con. Instead of calling it a wash, however, he cannot let go and continues to follow her. Finally, she understands that he is not just going to slink away, so she pulls into the residence and honks for help - no doubt truly scared now. Enraged at this final and irrevocable confirmation that she will not be honoring their agreement and that he was duped, he jumps out of his car and pulls that stunt.

He is just a dumb ass on too many levels.
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    That is the problem with scamming people isn't it? The smart ones don't fall for it and the dumb ones will get violent.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion