tuscl

counting dances...

do you guys do this? I usually don't, however, couple times I had dancers ask me how many songs she did, like, what the fuck? Even when I do know, I say I don't, and it's usually either accurate or she counted under the actual number, never been overcharged from what I recall.

I know it's a good idea to count it, but, it's a must for her to count it, strippers need to take their job more seriously.

25 comments

• shadowcat
    12 years ago
    As long as she isn't overcharging, why care if she is counting?
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    Roughly yes so as to prevent a dancer from considerably inflating the count.

"strippers need to take their job more seriously"

You're preaching to the choir here. Say that directly to a dancer's face and observe her reaction. I'd be HIGHLY interested in seeing that exchange!!! LOL
  • newmark
    12 years ago
    If you don't want to get cheated, you'd better count yourself, or ask her every couple of songs.
  • inno123
    12 years ago
    This illustrates a point that I have been making. Dance Club DJs and Radio DJs are two entirely different sets of skills and what you want for a strip club is a Radio DJ.

Dance club DJs are intended to build and keep a certain vibe and to keep the flow going. They do things with cross fades and beat matching that make it really easy to miss the switch from one song to another. Club branding is usually minimal as is sales pitches.

For a club DJ however you want a song length that you can set your clock by, no mistake when a new song has started, and strong and frequent branding and sales pitches. That is much closer to the skills of the radio dj.
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    I do, loudly at every dance. They simply smile and thank me for keeping track.

Personally, in California at least, the customer puts some money in the machine or the dancer will and a timer light turns on. It might seem cold, but I think it's the best idea for everyone. No "miscounting" dancers, the customer knows what is going on, no bruiser with a clip board.
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    One should. Relying on a dancer's count is asking for trouble.
  • Clackport
    12 years ago
    Yes I count, you can't trust these strippers to be truthful.
  • toysales
    12 years ago
    I absolutely keep count. But I always ask how much I owe. That being said there is one dancer that I see occasionally that for some reason I can not keep track of how many dances she does. I just lose all track of time when I'm with her. I don't think she has ever ripped me off but if she added just one dance I would not have a clue.
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    I never count dances. I just open my wallet, tell her to take some money and then "just give me however many dances that is."

They love me, and I never get cheated.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    I kept count, but I also ask. Just to see what % will lie.
  • rh48hr
    12 years ago
    I've been lucky, I've only had one dancer inflate and I was intending on giving her a tip for the time we spent talking and so instead of arguing, I paid for the dances and it worked out to the same amount. What she did though was insure I won't get dances with her again.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    Whatch you talkin bout Willis?

Strippers never lie, cheat, or deceive.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    I would say they do nothing but lie, cheat, and deceive. No wait, I'm wrong. They also suck dicks for money.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    "and I never get cheated"

One day...
  • Doc_Holliday
    12 years ago
    I always ask for one dance. If they count honestly I'll stop counting. Rave nights I give them my money and say dance for $Xxx long.
  • staxwell
    12 years ago
    I thought everyone kept count. There have only been a couple girls I got more than four dances at a time from, and they both lost count and told me to pay whatever I felt I should. I liked those girls.
  • bang69
    12 years ago
    I agree with shadow
  • lopaw
    12 years ago
    I have a love/hate relationship with the money machines that they use at the DejaVu's here in LA. It's great because there's no question as to the amount of dances, but it's also very disruptive to the flow of things to have to stop and "feed the machine" after each dance.
  • sharkhunter
    12 years ago
    I usually have no problem counting to two, some dancers do. Some dancers count to three when it isn't while others say it was only one song. I think some of the confusion or rather almost all of it comes from the DJ playing music that you can't make heads or tails from when one song stops and another starts. If the DJ talks a lot and cuts the song short, that just makes you want to kill the DJ in some dark alley one night and put him out of his misery. However if the dancer says she is dancing longer or not counting that song because it was only part of a song, it's all good, I'll let the DJ live another day. Of course dancers never lie or try to cheat, if anything goes wrong, the DJ is the one to blame. I think the dj's need to get laid more and stop rambling so much.
  • DandyDan
    12 years ago
    Of course, I count the dances, but most of the time, I don't go beyond 2, so how hard can that be? That said, if there is a newbie dancer at my favorite club, there is the distinct possibility I'll want more than 2 there and then you never know with some dancers there, some of them like to overcount.
  • Ermita_Nights
    12 years ago
    I've actually had them undercount too. Rare but it happens.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    For all the hate heaped upon the corporate Deja Vu clubs, the one thing they've got going is their ability to sell blocks of time in the VIP. Pretty much eliminates the whole counting dances problem. My favorite way to go.
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    @motorhead: Yeah, but at least locally, that translates to "blocks of time where nothing much happens."
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    George that's true. It's YMMV at DJV.
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    I usually go to black dives down here in Miami where I’ve had my share of over-counters.

Also, I am in my early 40s and not particularly a connoisseur of the hip-hop music that is played d in most SCs now a days and in particular in the black SCs. It is often hard for me to figure out when a new song starts since it seems many hip-hop songs will often have more than one performer in it and often changes beat within the same song making it hard for me to determine if it is a new song or still the same one.

Due to my previous experiences and my lack of a “hip-hop ear”, my system is to tell the dancer I want two songs and to stop after that. If I want more songs, I’ll tell her two more and stop. Sometimes I’ll tell the dancer to let me know when a new song is starting b/c I often cannot tell (w.r.t. hip-hop songs).

Sucks to have to do it this way, but I hate getting ROBed and although it is not the norm, it happens more than I care for.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion