tuscl

Kansas SC bill

HootnHal
Florida
Guess I'd be a fiscal conservative, but social liberal!
A bill is proposed that would limit sc abilities in Ks. It'd ban LD and even on stage. It'd bring Ks. regulations in line with Mo. supporters say it's overdue. By Ks. & Mo. American Family Assoc. these businesses have a negative impact on communities. (thot my $ helped!). Community Defense Act (?) wants to promote the health, safety, & general welfare of the citizens. Adult industry's negatives are an increase in STD, crime, and general blight. Bla bla.
I'm close to where I could retire, but not able to,& am in a profession whose clients would likely not be favorable to some of my persoal beliefs/habits. I'd like to make known some of our thoughts, but would need anonimity which I doubt would be guaranteed if lawmakers were contacted.
Suggestions welcomed (boondocker wireless isn't great here especially lately)
A whimpin-out buddy.

9 comments

• Alucard
    12 years ago
    I think you may need to move.
  • HootnHal
    12 years ago
    Prolly right Drac.
    Family might agree too, if so likely Fla. which in my Navy days was pretty ok/me,(Orlando) guess the coasts'd be more active!
  • jack0505
    12 years ago
    If you want to be relatively anonymous - print out a letter on paper, stick it in a stamped envelope addressed to the politician, and mail it from a post office drop box with no return address.
  • HootnHal
    12 years ago
    Good idea jack Thanx.
  • crazyjoe
    12 years ago
    Tell Ks to kiss your ass
  • looneylarry
    12 years ago
    MO passed it and it has gutted the clubs. The KS bill was narrowly defeated last year in the state senate. Brownback (the governor) went and got all of the moderate Republicans defeated so he could pack the senate with his own conservative toadies for his agenda. (He already had a huge majority in the House.) Bottom line: kiss the KS clubs as you now know them goodbye. Something Brownback needs to remember: Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. When do you have enough votes in the legislature? I guess when you are not satisfied with 90% agreement but you are looking to get 95%. I'd call that greedy.
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    It seems more and more communities may be cracking down on SCs – or has it always been this way and we can now more easily find out?
  • Ermita_Nights
    12 years ago
    I don't know about the numbers of clubs, but mileage has gone way up over the last 25 years. I prefer the situation we have today. Of course if I lived in one of those states I might feel differently.
  • DandyDan
    12 years ago
    That would kill any future KS roadtrips, not that I was making that many lately anyway. This doesn't really surprise me, I read somewhere KS has one of the highest rates of religious practice of the 50 states. They should do something worthwhile and ban houses of worship.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion