tuscl

Pasties v. Topless, Part two -- Alcohol is Involved

Friday, January 4, 2013 8:49 PM
Very interesting revelations in the first topic of this names -- a very strong anti-pastie bias. mjx10 mentioned that one of the drawbacks that might keep him from going to a topless club was if there was smoking. So here is a different question: What effect does the presence or absence of alcohol (either bar or BYOB) at the club have on your tolerance for what can be seen on stage. For example: All nude Juice Bar v. Topless with Bar/BYOB. As was mentioned in the other thread, there is one club with nude stage dances in all of Virginia -- Gold and Silver is a juice bar (well, a soda bar more likely). There's no other option in Roanoke (if you don't count Hooters, which of course you don't), but assume that there was Pastie's bar in town also (or let's pretend that VA does not require pasties with alcohol and say it's a true topless bar). Which are you going to go? (Assume that VIP in both clubs will be the same level of dress and contact -- g-string with two-way contact for example). Would you make assumptions about the quality of the dancers as part of your decision? I would more likely go to the topless bar -- I don't drink that much, but I do like to loosen up with a beer or two when at a SC. I would also make an assumption (if I'd not been to the either club before) that the topless bar would have better looking dancers because a) more women will be willing to dance topless rather than full nude, so there would be a larger pool of potential dancers and b) the presence of alcohol would make them appear better looking :-)

23 comments

• trpterp
    11 years ago
    I wouldn't assume anything about the quality of the dancers based on whether the club served alcohol. I think a person is likely to go to a place where he is comfortable regardless of the beverage selection available. My personal preference is a club where you BYOB. BYOB IMO makes for a less stressful evening because you don't have to be pressured by the dancer's drink hustle. It usually makes for a higher cover but the total outlay over the course of an evening is going to be far less in a BYOB establishment. My two cents.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    There are 40+ clubs in the Atlanta metro area. All but one serve alcohol. The only juice bar is totally nude but nobody goes there except the under 21 crowd and damn few of them. I can only guess that the owner cannot afford a liquor license or cannot qualify for one. I won't go there.
  • TortillaChip
    11 years ago
    damn how does the one nonalcohol club in atlanta compete with the other 39? More extras?
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    It doesn't really. I think the only reason it hangs on is because it is within walking distance of Dobbins AFB.
  • gatorfan
    11 years ago
    I have seen some psaty topless strippers in my time
  • NoOtherAlternatives
    11 years ago
    I don't drink alcohol at all, but prefer to see the pink, so that is why Tampa clubs are perfect for me! And being Tampa, I think most of the times you can find attractive dancers almost anywhere...almost. I'm still new at this, but when I go to clubs in other locations, it is almost a double-whammy: drunk dancers and g-strings. I guess if I go to places in south Florida it will only be one whammy because they still can go nude in the alcohol locations.
  • MADDOG_ROMEO
    11 years ago
    Gator, lol... Non Alchohol Clubs, sorry I don't want to hang out with 18 year olds...
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    Jack, Smoking deters me from both nude and topless clubs. I'm simply more willing to tolerate it in a full nude place. My personal preferences would be: 1. Nude non-smoking 2. Topless non-smoking 3. Nude smoking 4. Topless smoking, but losing motivation for this recently I don't drink at clubs, so alcohol is not really a factor for me other than the local laws which influence whether or not it's a nude club based on alcohol served. Assuming buying a drink for a dancer is the same price as a customer drink, I can see some strategy of buying a dancer a drink to help her be more relaxed. But not when dancer drinks are 5x normal price. I would also not draw any correlation between nude vs. topless and quality of talent pool. Yes there are some dancers that will work a topless club over a nude club based of keeping her bottoms on or influence from her SO, but it really more about the money. If a dancer can bank 2x and a nude club than topless, guess what, she's very likely to work the nude club. If I've learned anything form this site, it is that it is always about the money when it comes to dancers.
  • Tiredtraveler
    11 years ago
    Booze or lack there of is not a factor for me as I rarely drink at clubs if at all. I do not need a DUI. In Toledo the cops used to sit a block away from the exit to the parking lot from Platinum Showgirls strating about 10:30 PM and pull over any car that looked the least out of control that left the club lot. The only problem I have with the no booze clubs in a mixed area is the no booze clubs allow 18 yo. I agree with mjx01. Talent bring me in not booze.
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    I like any club where the dancers are smoking.
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    The presence or absence of alcohol isn't a deal breaker for me. I'll go where the women are at least reasonably attractive and will let me grope. If they're naked, great. But as I said in the other thread, as long as the clothes come off when we get to the hotel, I don't really care what they have to wear at the club.
  • Techman
    11 years ago
    During an LD dancers are more likely to pull down a top then to peal off a pastie.
  • GoVikings
    11 years ago
    Alcohol doesn't play much of a factor in what clubs I go to. I do drink, but like most people here, I club by myself, so I can only have a few because I have to drive myself home. I prefer bring your own beer clubs, but only because it saves me from having to buy over priced drinks, haha.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    Indiana has a weird rule. Clubs that serve alcohol like the Hip Hugger in Kokomo or Brad's in Indy, the nipples are supposed to be covered up. But a club like Industrial Strip in Hammond, near Chicago, is a juice bar. Girls can't be nude on stage, even the nipples still must be covered, but they can get nude in the private cubicles since it's not in "public". Some girls complain about taking off the band aids so only will do it for a 3 song set.
  • staxwell
    11 years ago
    Shadow, which club are you talking about?
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    good point by GMD... mileage tends to trump other factors.
  • she_is_covfefe
    11 years ago
    In Virginia, besides Au&Ag in Roanoke, the following clubs are pasties free and they're all in Portsmouth: -Hot Seat -Lappers -Magic City These are lap lances only -Headlights Gold (formerly Final Frontier) It has stage dancing; both bikini and topless. Don't confuse it with the Headlights/JB's in the P/Ch city limit. The first three don't serve alcohol, but Magic City has an adjacent bikini club that serves alcohol and across the parking lot from the Hot Seat is Maddogs (which used to be one of my favorite clubs to dance at) and they have beer. Headlights Gold is divided in two clubs; the topless club with no alcohol and an adjacent club with alcohol (like Magic City, Headlights/JBs in Chesapeake, and Pure Pleasure in Richmond).
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    staxwell - Sorry to be answereing so late. I was busy in the club getting my oil changed. The club that I was referring to, the juice bar, is Boomers.
  • staxwell
    11 years ago
    "I was busy in the club getting my oil changed." Lol, naturally. I wish I would've known about Boomers when I was 18. I guess it's a good thing I didn't though. My girlfriend at the time had a violent temper. That would've probably ended badly.
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    Alcohol has never had an effect on where I go, even when I did drink in the clubs, because that's not why I go to strip clubs. That said, I do think they look at you kind of weird if you are drinking pop in a club which serves alcohol, or even BYOB clubs. Maybe it's because they don't think you'll be an easy mark.
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Stax! Can you give us a breakdown on the origin of your profile pic? Whats your bio if you don't mind.
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    @DandyDan: I would agree. When you're not drinking alcohol in a club that allows alcohol IMO the girls assume you aren't loosened up enough to spend big... or you're LE.
  • staxwell
    11 years ago
    @tumblingdice, the pic is of some guy who looks like he studied the Mystery Method by this Pick Up Artist named Mystery. I used it when I posted this thread [view link] cause it fit the mood. Usually when I start a thread I post a profile pic to go with it. I just haven't changed it yet. The Biography of Staxwell is coming very soon.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion