tuscl

If the Economy Improves Now?

Thursday, January 3, 2013 8:08 AM
I have always felt that the extraordinary mileage available in the last few years is due to a combination of economic factors, and culture factors (e.g. the influence of hip-hop/rap with the message that being a pimp or ho' ain't no big thing). Let's suppose the economy has a nice bounce up this year. Do you think mileage will have peaked out? My feeling is that it will have, but it will take some time for the changes to propagate due to the strip club level, so there should still continue to be good whore-mongering opportunities throughout 2013.

20 comments

• JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    I thank the girls that are doing extras will already be good and broken in and will keep doing tricks from now on......although I thank price will go up
  • staxwell
    12 years ago
    I can see things changing in the next couple years. But, the girls recently coming into the business enjoying the quick cash that high mileage brings, will probably be the alpha females making ALL the money doing extras next year. Some of the new girls will see the money those girls are making and want in on the action. As long as there's money to be made they're gonna do whatever to get it. So, extras aren't going anywhere. As far as how high level they'll be: I don't know. At the club I go to it's busy 95% of the time, no place to sit, girls on stage at all times, full lot, etc. I'm pretty sure the girls make plenty without doing extras, but they still have almost no limits to what they'll do. That's this place though. I don't really know what it's like everywhere else.
  • samsung1
    12 years ago
    I have noticed this trend in Detroit Penthouse. Economy is improving in Detroit (GM/Ford are more stable) and ease of extras have gone down. The TUSCL rating for penthouse has gone down and I don't think it's top 100 overall anymore.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    I have not noticed any difference at all in the availability of extras in the Detroit area clubs. It will be hard to go back and expect to levels of income similar to what has been earned giving extras.
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    It’s usually hard to put the genie back in the bottle. In the mid-2000s the economy was pretty good after it had fallen off in ~2001 – yet things did not return to the air dances more prevalent in the 90s, IMO. Money and hos will always be tied at the hip. It may go down a bit IMO, but not to the point where it is “very” hard to get. Even in good economic times, hos have $$$ issues – plus hos usually can’t get enough cash.
  • jackslash
    12 years ago
    Good economy will be bad for us strip club addicts: 1. Girls will have more opportunities to make money without stripping. 2. Strippers will be able to make more money without providing extras. 3. More customers with more money will bid up the price of lap dances and extras.
  • sclvr5005
    12 years ago
    Sadly I have to agree w/ jackslash. It's not going to fare well for many of us SC hounds if the economy turns around.
  • pabloantonio
    12 years ago
    The chances of the economy improving are about the same as the U.S. Government paying off the national debt. Neither will happen anytime soon.
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    It's good for me in a good or bad economic time.....I make fuckin Shit happen !
  • Revo
    12 years ago
    Highly unlikely economy will turn around soon. But inflation could be a problem So most likely will see prices go up.
  • PussyLick
    12 years ago
    no, i don't think overall economy will affect "extraordinary mileage". Price may go up with inflation of currency, but local supply and demand will stay in equilibrium.
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    what country are you from?
  • MajorBoobage
    12 years ago
    I've been clubbing in the Chicago area for a good 15 years, and in my experience the economy doesn't have much of an effect on mileage. Most clubs around here have their own level at all times; a few go up and down in mileage, but it doesn't correspond to the economy (I'm guessing it has more to do with how closely the cops and city councils are watching). What I have noticed, though, is that good economic times tend to bring out more dancers. You might think it would be the other way around, because there are more women who need money in bad times, but there's also a lot less money being spent at SC's in a slow economy. There may be more girls who give stripping a try, but there are fewer who stick around. The added competition in a strong economy seems to put pressure on the girls to keep up the same level of mileage they've always had, in my experience.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    Might finally be the year to short treasuries! :-)
  • PussyLick
    12 years ago
    lol....so many great shorts out there. why fight the fed unless you've got a printing press of your own, Dougster von Gutenberg.
  • bubbaloo
    12 years ago
    Anyone that thinks the economy is going to get better anytime soon is either living in a dream world or not paying any attention to what is going on. Start paying your own biklls for a while and see what the economy is like. Everything gets more expensive, and you get less and less for your $. Have the people in this country work for a living, the other half vote for a living.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    Don't fight the Fed? But what if txtittyfuck says to?
  • magicrat
    12 years ago
    Just speaking from my own experience, I received higher mileage before the economy went to hell, although the prices were probably higher than today. I'm sure this is club/location dependent as the club I visit the most seems to have really clamped down on the extras.
  • kingcripple
    12 years ago
    I think this is what the mayans were getting at. The economy improves, strippers do less. Not that I go looking for extras, but i dread the thought of air dances.
  • ilbbaicnl
    12 years ago
    Pre-2008 I think it was commissioned salesmen who were the high-rollers. They can't even afford to hit the clubs now, but if/when the economy is hot they will again have first pick of the most sought-after dancers. But I think there are more good dancers now. Younger women are less likely to think they should be obedient to a man. If their SO tells them to stop dancing, they are more likely to say they'll stop when the guy can pay their bills the way dancing can. Seems like many dancers get much $$$ from an SO, but keep their hand (leg?) in dancing as insurance and maybe because it turns the SO on.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion