tuscl

Turnover

What's your best guess at the average rate of turnover in the dancers at the clubs you go to? For our purposes, let's just say that retaining one or two girls at best over the period still counts as 100% turnover. And try to compare apples to apples; same club, same day of the week, same shift.

I would say of the clubs around here, it is probably around 60% within 3 months and 100% within 6 months.

13 comments

• shadowcat
    12 years ago
    The one element that sticks out most in my mind about turn over is that there seems to be less frequent turn over by day shift workers vs the night gals. I would attribuate this to more single moms are working days and more college students are working nights.
  • Experimental
    12 years ago
    Some clubs the dancers just won't quit, even though they should.
    If the club is small and has less than 10 dancers on a given night, I will get tired of seeing the same lineup every time I'm there unless one of them puts me under her spell. Depending on if they are pleasant to be around I'd offer a shelf life of 6mo. to 1 yr. after that I want to see new girls. I've stopped going to clubs for long periods of time because they have no variety.

Might sound jerkish but hey, its my money. I don't go to clubs to just give it away I want to be interested and entertained.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    My views fit right with sc's, but that is likely because we are regular afternoon visitors.
  • minnow
    12 years ago
    Taking a "snapshot" of a club roster for any given week: I would say that ~ 50% of dancers on roster won't be there 6 months from now. Range anywhere from 20% to 80%, depending on club.
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    I'd say minnow's numbers are pretty accurate.
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    100% every 12 months
  • endlesstempo
    12 years ago
    At Flamingo in Anaheim, I have been getting dances from the same dancer there for 2+ years. She says she's been there for almost 5 years now.
  • Tiredtraveler
    12 years ago
    There are a few that stay around but as Juice said - 100% after 12 months for the low end clubs he and I prowl go to. The lower the club scale the higher the turnover. High end club a few may stay. I was in Landing Strip and a 30+ girl said she had been there three days a week (Thuirsday through Sat. 7:PM to close) for 5 years.
  • Dolfan
    12 years ago
    Daytime, I'd say 15% a month turnover. Night, probably about three times that. On average anyway, every club has a few long term dancers but they also have real short term ones.

I've seen actually the opposite of Tiredtravler, the lower end club has girls that are around longer than the high end ones. I chalked it up to the lower end clubs being more likely to be a true last resort option.
  • sclvr5005
    12 years ago
    I also agree with minnows numbers in general. In my area it seems that 50% are lifers and the other 50% turn over within 2 months.
  • crazyjoe
    12 years ago
    I had a fav at one club for 2 1/2 years also. She was the only one I would see at that club during that time. I talked to a lot of other dancers there regularly while waiting for my fav. Lots came and went. Some I never saw again and some would show up a year or two later again. Some would show up for a week or two that i knew from other clubs in the area. Some would have their favorite club they usually worked at but due to management change or being suspended or fired for a while went to another club temporarily. Some also travel to other states or cities and work for a while then come back. Mostly the above mentioned estimates are accurate imo. Many dancers treat their jobs differently.
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    Along the lines of what “Experimental” said but I’ll throw in a twist.

Just like customers will hit other clubs b/c they get tired of the same line up; dancers will sometimes also hit different clubs for a time since the customers at a particular club may already know her and be less enthusiastic towards her.
  • DandyDan
    12 years ago
    I don't know if I agree with the idea that turnover is higher at low end clubs and vice versa. At the club which counts as the high end amongst the clubs I go to regularly, most of their dancers there now weren't there a year ago, but the one that's at the low end has multiple dancers who've been there for years on end.

I wonder how a girl who quits, then come back, counts under this scenario. I know one of my faves at my favorite club likes to bounce around from club to club (and city to city). I never know whether to count her as gone, but she inevitably turns up before too long.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion