tuscl

64 Arrested in Prostitution Sting

Sunday, September 30, 2012 9:21 PM
SAN ANTONIO: Dozens of people who thought they were paying a prostitute for sex ended up in handcuffs as part of an undercover sting on the West Side. Sixty-two men and two women were arrested over a nine-hour period last Friday during an undercover prostitution sting called "Operation Polar Bexar". Erich Krist lives in the Westside neighborhood where the sting took place. He says prostitution is a big problem around here. "There's a lot of it around,” said Krist. “I mean, you could drive down the street, and I could probably point you out six of them." "No longer are they confined to one area, but they operate in all areas of this town," said Bexar County Sheriff Amadeo Ortiz. We've followed law enforcement in the past as they've hit the streets and gone after prostitutes. But with "Operation Polar Bexar" -- a joint effort led by the sheriff's office -- their target was on the men who pay for these services. The sheriff's office had three female detectives posing as prostitutes in front of the Garden Inn Motel at Travis and Zarzamora. Investigators say once the men came up to them and a deal was made, the "John" would accompany the undercover officer up to a motel room. Once in the room, the men were arrested and processed right on the spot. "You could see them taking them from one room to the other,” said Krist. “I mean, like, people have no common sense." Investigators say it soon became clear the demand for prostitutes in this area is overwhelming. "They walked up to our undercover officers posing as prostitutes,” said Captain Tammy Burr of the Bexar County Sheriff's Office. “They arrived in their personal vehicles, and in company vehicles." By night's end, sixty-four people had been arrested. "64 in one night certainly indicates that we have a problem, and that's why we did it," said Ortiz. "We have to find a way to reduce demand,” said Jerry Robinette of Homeland Security Investigations. “And one way to reduce demand is to show folks that there are consequences for being a party to prostitution." Of those arrested, the oldest was fifty-eight years old and the youngest was seventeen. The sheriff's office says eighteen of the men were illegal immigrants. [view link]

14 comments

• jester214
    12 years ago
    And that's why I would never, ever, pick up a street walker.
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    Well that an a dozen other reasons.
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    Fish oooo ya
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    Think the jestie-girl crossed alot of lines he didn't think he would. Said he would never kiss a stripper, then that he would never get a BJ or FS from one. Think something happened to him, because he just generally a bleaker more resigned fellow than he was back in those idealistic days. In some kind of a downward spirl. See where it all ends from him.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    Wonder why the jestie-girl got into such a dark place anyway. World didn't live up his expectations and/or treated him "unfairly" so now he is pissed off at it forever? Got to learn to deal with disappointments and the imperfections of life a little better, jestie-girl. Just accept there are things you can't control and focus on what you can. Right now you are doing it all backwards. Wake-up jestie-girl!
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    64 more bite the dust. Oh well.
  • Experimental
    12 years ago
    Almost 1/3 of the arrested were illegals. I dunno, maybe sounds like this town has more than a prostitution problem.
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    I did say I would never have FS with a stripper, and never have. Pretty sure I've always said BJ's were fine, though I've always maintained that extra's are not why I go to clubs. I've softened on the "never", but still maintain it would have to be OTC and the clouds haven't aligned and may never. Things do change over 4 or 5 years, for instance you started college and are finally old enough to actually go into a strip club. I still have no interest in kissing them. Does it keep notes or does it just trawl through old posts looking for things to talk shit about?
  • Otto22
    12 years ago
    Never tried a streetwalker and this is why. Why. Who needs that kind of drama?
  • chieflooker
    12 years ago
    What is OTC
  • desiderata
    12 years ago
    Paying a stripper to dance for you "Outside of The Club". [view link]
  • lopaw
    12 years ago
    2 of the 64 arrested were women? Interesting.
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    @desiderata: 'Paying a stripper to dance for you "Outside of The Club".' In common usage, it generally refers to paid sex outside the club, not dancing. That's not to say *some* people don't pay dancers to just dance, but most of us use it to mean sex.
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    I didn't even notice that lopaw. I wonder if they were single, with one of the men, or other SW's.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion