Air dance indicators.

AbbieNormal
Maryland
I think we've all been there before. Decent club, there appears to be sufficient contact, decent lineup, time to consider a LD. You look, find your prefered girl, maybe scout her for a dance if the LD area is public, so you buy your dance. Total air. How do you see it coming? I've had this happen more than once, and as I recall I was getting a vibe that I wouldn't be satisfied, but went ahead to my disappointment. The vibe could have been chemistry or something in her body language I couldn't quantify.

Opinions? Can you tell beforehand? What do you look for?

9 comments

• casualguy
    18 years ago
    If you really want to know all you have to do is ask. The strippers usually aren't that shy. If they don't want to give a specific answer to a specific question, then the answer is no and they may be trying to fake you out by pretending not to understand. a sign of a ROB or an air dance if that is your thing
  • AbbieNormal
    18 years ago
    I agree that the only way to really tell is to get a dance, and since dances are climbing to $30 in some places that one airdance kind of cuts down on the fun potential if you are trying to keep the spending down to merely lavish as opposed to insane. In the case I described I didn't waste my time trying another dance or another girl, I just left.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    I really like Yoda's attitude. When I play my hunches instead of worrying about eliminating risk, the times when girls exceed expectations are so good they more than make up for the occasional duds. Except that I'm not quite so blase when the dances are more than $10. It's also harder to take that attitude where 2-fers are the only game.
  • AbbieNormal
    18 years ago
    Interesting responses. This has happened to me a few times. I think I outlined one a month or so back. I was a newbie but trying to be savy. Went to a club, saw my dream girl onstage (awsome brunette spinner in a schoolgirl getup). Watched the club, watched her dance for a customer (in what I now realize was the VIP, but it was only a few couches in the corner). Thought I had to get me some of that, then, airdance. I had a bad feeling, but I'd done everything right according to the "rules" for clubbing. Unfortunately I was a tourist in a locals club and she wasn't worried about repeat buisness. Just a caution to the traveling clubber.
  • Yoda
    18 years ago
    Truthfully I don't worry about this. If I hit it off with a lady I will just buy a dance and see what happens. If I lie it I'll buy more, If I don't I won't. It's only $20 bucks. It's more fun to just experiment and have a good time rather than trying to over analyze things.
  • Yoda
    18 years ago
    Truthfully I don't worry about this. If I hit it off with a lady I will just buy a dance and see what happens. If I lie it I'll buy more, If I don't I won't. It's only $20 bucks. It's more fun to just experiment and have a good time rather than trying to over analyze things.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    It has been so long since I've had a true airdance, I can't say what to watch for. I don't go to clubs where a girl could last long giving all air. Indicators of less than satisfactory contact or mileage? Other than the obvious signals, I guess I rely on instinct more than I realized. I don't screen girls much, but I'm surprised by more mileage than expected a lot more often than the reverse.
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    AN, I only recall that ever happening to me once and she warned me beforehand - she was brand new at dancing and didn't really want any contact. I went ahead and bough one (just one) anyway because she had been so honest and I kinda liked her. Other than that I've usually found that dancers tend to more or less do what is normal for that particular club. Obviously some do more than others but I've never encountered an air dance in a contact club (and I don't know whether the exception I mentioned was a contact club or not, it was the only time I was ever there and that was the only dance I tried there because she was the only girl there who appealed to me.) In fact most of my surprises have been in the opposite direction - more contact than I expected.
  • davids
    18 years ago
    AN: How about indicators for spotting "air heads" on TUSCL? How about this poster claims to be a science professor but doesn't know Godel's theorem, what a Turing award is, Bayes's theorem, or how to calculate limits at a first year level. Pretty solid evidence of a TUSCL air head to me.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion