tuscl

Today's 2AMer.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
PORTLAND, Ore. – A man died after being shot inside a strip club's parking lot, police said.

Sgt. Pete Simpson, a spokesman for the police bureau, said the man, whose name has not been released yet, died after being shot late Wednesday night at the Mystic Strip Club.

Simpson said officers from Gang Enforcement Team and homicide detectives are on scene looking for evidence and talking with witnesses.

Officials on scene said Gresham Police have located what they believe to be a vehicle of interest that may be connected to the shooting.

The Portland Police Bureau Traffic Division's Major Crash Team has also responded to the scene.

Police said the team has special equipment that will be used to diagram the scene, which is described as “very large.”

Simpson said after the man was shot, he crashed his vehicle into several cars in the parking lot and into a party bus.

No other injuries have been reported.

Police have sealed off two nearby parking lots as they look for evidence.

Officials said an autopsy will likely be performed on the body later Thursday.

Police have not announced the arrest of anyone in connection to the shooting.

Officers said during and after the shooting, several witnesses came out of the bar.

Simpson said detectives would like to talk with anyone who has information to this shooting.

Anyone with information should call police at 503-823-0400.

5 comments

• dtek
    12 years ago
    In Portland, 2AMers occur before midnight.

From http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index…, "The shooting took place about 11:15 p.m."
  • Clackport
    12 years ago
    Damn! I was thinking of going to Mystic tonight. I guess not.
  • mroo
    12 years ago
    But for the grace of Allah, I left the lot an hour earlier. I'm not sure I'd want to have to tell my insurance agent the particulars on how my back bumper got ripped off by some hood rat from Fresno.
  • dtek
    12 years ago
    Yeah, getting subpoenaed as a witness for a murder investigation would suck too. I've sometimes wondered if something like this could happen at a club I frequent a bit east of there.
  • RickWood
    12 years ago
    That's great news media writing. "...inside a strip club’s parking lot..."

Shouldn't that read "...outside a strip club, in the parking lot...), or on the parking lot?

You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion