tuscl

Bust at Follies - Atlanta

boomer37
Georgia
Sunday, July 1, 2012 9:52 AM
On a visit to Follies Saturday Afternoon, 2 of the dancers told me that the evening before (Friday 6/29) the place was raided by officers in Ski masks. At a minimum hey arrested cited dancers for permit violations, rumors of other more serious violation as well. Anybody have any info or can confirm?

19 comments

• shadowcat
    12 years ago
    I got a PM from a fellow TUSCLer that was there during the raid. No one was allowed to leave until they had completed their checks of dancer licenses. He was finally allowed to leave about 8PM. about a dozen dancers were busted for no license. None were arrested. Ski masks? WTF. Gimme a break. It was not a robbery.There were no masks. The licenses are issued by Dekalb County and cost $300/yr. Club Wax gets around it by being a bikini club. My buddy said none of our favorites were busted.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    sc, And to think you made me go there numerous times!
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    Clubber- They weren't looking for Florida I.D.s. :)
  • boomer37
    12 years ago
    What?? You mean dancers may have exaggerated and enhance the drama!?! I'm stunned :) Their story was that the masks were so they could stay under cover. Looked like biz as usual to me on Saturday.
  • VeryBigDawg
    12 years ago
    Were they only looking for permit violations? Someobdy told me they took out one of the customters too? Great club but seems to be getting ghetoo over time.
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    The government just making sure it gets its cut. The throne's treasury is mighty empty these days.
  • jackslash
    12 years ago
    I saw more than 1 bust at Follies when I was there.
  • gatorjoe2
    12 years ago
    I have been at a club when the cops show up. Yes, a couple of them wore ski masks. The girls explained that those are the "undercover" ones who probably gathered the information.
  • Tiredtraveler
    12 years ago
    Was at a club in north Philly suburb a few years ago when the reg cops and liquor cops rolled in. They blocked all the doors turned off the music turned on the lights and we got to sit for and hour while the hassled everyone in the place and were pissed when they found no one to arrest. They were evidently looking for the boyfirend of a girl that worked there months ago because they asked and threatened all the locals. There were several eastern european girls working there and they hassled them for their work papers. They then waited outside to pull over anyone that left right away. The patriot act allows police to act like the gesatpo and get away with it.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    "The patriot act allows police to act like the gesatpo and get away with it." You can thank Ole George Bush for that. LOL
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    "You can thank Ole George Bush for that. LOL" I think the Congress plays a big role in making law. This blaming Bush for shit Congress (Democrats and Republicans) did is getting old.
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    Yes, because before the Patriot Act all police were fine upstanding individuals who never trounced on anyone's freedoms and got away with it.
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    "You can thank Ole George Bush for that. LOL" I do, at least for proposing it and signing it into law. I blame Congress for passing it. I blame Obama and all the other democrats for not pushing for its repeal. There's enough irresponsible abuse of power to spread around here.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    Jesus! Tying an stupid raid at that SOME SC as they've done for YEARS to the Patriot Act is like saying ____________________. Fill in any stupid analogy!
  • Lolapam
    12 years ago
    I work at follies, and yes officers did come in with ski masks so as not to be recognized, which personally I think is little scary because our initial reaction is that we r being robbed. About ten dancers were cited for not having permits.
  • VeryBigDawg
    12 years ago
    Back to the main discussion: the bust at Follies. Anything happen this week? Is it safe to go back? Miss my follies girls!
  • boomer37
    12 years ago
    I was at Follies yesterday. it was business as usual. Had a great time!
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    I'm still going !
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    I was at Follies today and met lolapam. I have taken her to VIP in the past. She was a little surprised to learn that I was the infamous shadowcat. :)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion