tuscl

Avoiding 2AMs

EarlTee
Horny old bastard.
Wednesday, June 20, 2012 7:25 AM
I have a number of reasons for preferring to do my clubbing in the afternoon rather than at night. I'm wondering... any of you guys club in the afternoon partly because it seems safer?

25 comments

• txtittyfan
    12 years ago
    While I feel afternoons are safer, it is not the main reason I prefer afternoons.
  • steve229
    12 years ago
    Well, that plus I can't stay wake past 10
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    Safety is not my main reason for going during the afternoons. I do hit clubs during the evening when I am out of town but when I do, there are certain clubs that I will NOT go to due to their bad reputations.
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    I can stay awake past 10, but like everyone else here, I prefer afternoons for many reasons. I avoid truely rank areas. I'm a city boy, I've got my street smarts, but it's difficult to argue with a gun aimed at you.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    12 years ago
    I've often thought that afternoon club-goers mainly did their clubbing then because of the availability of higher mileage at that time. Maybe some do it because they're out in the field in their work at that time of day and have the time to hit up clubs in between appointments. I've never lived or clubbed anywhere where I felt the need to avoid a certain area at night because of safety concerns.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    I've been an afternoon guy for many yrs because of safety concerns, dislike of dealing with the "younger" immature men at nights, availability of higher mileage in the afternoon, availability of older dancers in the afternoons, and a dislike in recent yrs for driving at night.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    Ditto sc. I enjoy the afternoons because they are laid back, not crowded, and the service is better. Also, I am out and about, so much easier to go without an explanation. One afternoon visit was much different. When I net sc at PP, it was about 70 miles each way and the time there while I was "working". Was worth the trip.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    "Fear is never a factor in my SCing" Do you pack a weapon? Alcohol Laws are there for a good reason.
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    vm whistles a tuneless tune on his way to the Penthouse Club.
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    Safety? Not specifically, but it would be a consideration if I thought any clubs in Louisville warranted it. Maybe one or two, but even those two don't seem likely. I'm with most of the others who've chimed in, it's mostly a matter of convenience, ambiance and availability of what I'm looking for. I still go at night fairly frequently, though I'm seldom out any later than 1 or 2 AM anymore. @Alucard: I agree, with the following caveat: alcohol laws that require people to suffer the consequences of the actions and safeguard others from the harm done by irresponsible types are the for good reason. Alcohol laws that are a reflection of some arbitrary standards of morality and behaviour, outside of safety, e.g. the so-called "blue" laws that limit or prevent sales of alcohol on Sundays, are *not* good laws.
  • Corvus
    12 years ago
    I am a traveling opportunist. Day or night, night or day, if the place looks good I'll give it a shot. Of course I rely on my fellow TUSCLers for reviews too.
  • xedin5436
    12 years ago
    None of the clubs in my area have ever really had issues (that I know of) so I feel OK going at night, but if I do, I'm only every out until midnight or so. I'm usually long gone by the time the clubs shut down, which seems to be when all the drama happens. Also, with CA alcohol/strip club laws, there are very few clubs that serve alcohol and they're not really worth going to unless your primary objective is drinking. I do avoid the weekends because of all the yahoo party kids that are newbs, and around here a lot of them are military so they have a little more incentive to cut loose than most guys. I would be totally open to going during the day shift, but most clubs around here are completely dead before 8pm, and not in a good way. Maybe 3 dancers working or something.
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    “Alcohol Laws are there for a good reason.” I’ve lived in So. FL most of my life where there isn’t an alcohol law per se; i.e. alcohol is served until the club closes which is often 4 or 5 a.m.; at least on the weekends. I lived several years in Dallas where they have the 2 a.m. alcohol law; i.e. no alcohol can be served nor consumed past 2 a.m. in the establishments. IMO – the 2 a.m. alcohol law may be more of a danger than a help. The reason is b/c at 2 a.m., once the establishments don’t serve any more alcohol nor any can be consumed, most people/drunks hit the streets at the same time. This is can be a very dangerous situation and I recall seeing many more horrific accidents b/w 2 & 3 a.m. while living in Dallas than I’ve seen in all the years I’ve lived in So. FL.
  • Omega22
    12 years ago
    I am still young so I go at night. The earliest I arrive is 10:30 to 11:00 P.M. Usually stay until 1:30 to 2:00 A.M. So I am a night owl. I love the night life and hitting up the clubs late. Also Lexington KY is a safe city and all of the clubs are in safe areas.
  • snowtime
    12 years ago
    Safety is a concern at some clubs. I have no desire to visit my favorite Atlanta club at night because the neighborhood is sketchy and attracts a different crowd at night. Also, the day girls are a lot better, according to most reviews, so no need to go at night and risk anything. On the other hand, when I am working on the road, I go almost exclusively at night. Usually I am familiar with the clubs and will only go to those that I consider to be a minimal risk. Since most strip clubs are by their nature located in lower class areas, some amount of risk goes with the hobby. I am willing to accept that risk, but I am always aware of my surroundings.
  • Bishop4224
    12 years ago
    I prefer wrapping up my time before it gets too late because mostly at 2 a.m. you're one of few cars on the road making you an easy target for a traffic stop. Don't read this as me saying I'm driving drunk but by 2 a.m. I'm beat & don't want the inconvenience of being stopped.
  • SuperDude
    12 years ago
    Detroit clubs are dangerous after 1am. Thug boyfriends start arriving to pick-up stripper girlfriends, only to get angry when an older customer is trying to close an OTC deal. Bullets fly. I go in the afternoon to avoid this. If I go at night I leave before 11pm. At Pandemonium in Detroit last night (not a strip club) the parking lot bouncer stopped a customer from assaulting a woman at 2am. This thug goes home, comes back with a gun and kills the bouncer. Just not worth being out when shots are routinely fired.
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    I go whenever it works best, though in most cases I have different expectations depending on the time of the day. I'm also very conscious of the environment and there are certainly places I would avoid late at night.
  • lopaw
    12 years ago
    I club in the afternoons because that is the only time I can. I love the dayshift dancers, but sometimes yearn for a crowded, hustling club atmosphere at night. Oh well. Even though virtually every one of my clubs are in the 'hood, I never have a concern about my personal safety. No one has ever tried to fuck with me, and I've even had friendly bouncers offer to walk me to my car when I've stayed long enough for darkness to fall. But I respectfully decline.
  • gatorjoe2
    12 years ago
    While I am getting older, I still prefer the nights or at least happy hour. Actually enjoy happy hour a lot as prices as reasonable, girls have a buzz and start getting a bit desperate, you also can see the new crop coming in at some places. I have actually even taken naps to ensure that I can be awake for the night time ones. As for safety, I go to a lot of places in Florida. I am still naive I guess and have always felt safe.The one or two times I didn't I never left the car. Places need a well lit parking lot. Actually one of the places that I have felt safest at is Tootsies in Miami. Day or Night, Drunk or Sober, never felt I was going to be held up for my money. I meet a couple ROBs who will take my money though.
  • K9
    12 years ago
    High milage and low hastle for me. Friday's are off the schedule... Off peak time with a good fav and the establishment on low guard works for me.....
  • farmerart
    12 years ago
    12:19AM MDT (2:19AM EDT)...........Just rolling out of the Rig Pig on the way home to Ranch farmerart. Bunch of bikers frolicking around their Harleys in the parking lot. A horseman's car on Sparrow Rd. watching the parking lot. Seen this before at this club and nothing weird has ever happened to me.
  • hammerthor
    12 years ago
    I go mostly at night mostly for the fact that the clubs I go to don't usually open until 6pm on the days I go. I feel like the atmosphere/dancers are better at night as well, not that I can really judge since I've never been in the afternoon.
  • zef8mich
    12 years ago
    Might want to avoid sitting underneath the strip clubs upstairs railing at 2:AM. A month ago part of someones drink splashed on me during a 2:AM disturbance upstairs. Could have been worse. In this case someone couldn't pay his bar or VIP bill.
  • edak94
    12 years ago
    Security is not a factor. I like afternoons because of convenience as I can visit on my way home. Also, more likely to get drink specials and avoid cover charges. I like fewer crowds as I can get more attention from the dancers without competing with the thugs/dollar droppers, etc. Of course, more attention begets more "services."
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion