tuscl

POV: How to introduce yourself to customers?

jester214
North Carolina
Sunday, May 27, 2012 8:22 PM
Customers, how would you prefer a club owner introduces himself: 1. Walks up to you shakes your hand, asks if everything is to your liking, and tells you to enjoy your stay. OR 2. Walks up to you kicks you in the balls, steals your wallet and tells you to enjoy your stay. Which works for you customers?

16 comments

• shadowcat
    12 years ago
    Now I know why you call yourself jester!
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    Interesting post that hit home today. I visited a favorite club of mine that I'd not been able to visit in a few months. As I walk in the manager sees me and comes over and asks how I've been and follows with other small talk and finishes with a have a good time and enjoy yourself. When I got to the bar, my Jack was waiting for me. Always nice to feel welcomed even after a long absence.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    Trying to imitate me jester214? LOL If you are, don't try, I'm uniquely different. LOL If I was that owner I'd kick "OBVIOUS" Assholes in the balls! Get it.
  • GoVikings
    12 years ago
    In my almost 3 years of clubbing, I don't think I've ever met a strip club owner.
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    I met an owner, I'd never have known had an employee not told me. Alucard more mocking than imitating. But all in the spirit of lightheartedness. Glad you can take it well.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    The top manager at a club I've been going to for 25 years (yeah, he's been there the whole time) rarely speaks to me. I've spent a ton of cash there over the years so I guess sometimes I do feel a little slighted he ignores me. But he is just not Mister Warm & Fuzzy. The best I get is a hard pat on the back and a "thanks" when I return after an extended break. Who can blame him though? After dealing with flighty divas for all those years and the drama and baggage that dancers bring to the table - What would kind of personality would you have?
  • DandyDan
    12 years ago
    I would prefer to not meet any owner, because most of the time, they're clueless bastards. I've met 5 different owners, including both the original and current owner of my favorite club. I also got to meet an owner's wife once, which was just plain weird, as she was the waitress, I gave her a tip and she did a little lap dance and let me suck on her tit for a long time. It would have been really nice if she wasn't a nasty old slut, but I think you have to be one in order to be a strip club owner's wife.
  • rickdugan
    12 years ago
    I have met a few club owners, but my goal is not to. I don't want to be on the radar for any reason. I'm just that nice, quiet traveling businessman who is kind to everyone and tips well, but not extravagantly (at least as far as the staff knows). OTC is much tougher to pull off discreetly when you have a lot of people watching what you do.
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    I don't really desire to meet any mobsters.
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    No preference really, I enjoy my anonymity. Should I ever encounter a # 2 scenario, that would be fine. His club wouldn't be standing in the morning. :)
  • sharkhunter
    12 years ago
    If the owner of the club keeps greeting me, I might start to wonder who he thinks I am. I don't want more mistaken identities. Although when the mistaken identity helps you out, I don't see a problem with that. I believe I might have met a manager or two. I might have met a club owner recently but I don't know. That's the way it was when I firsted started out on a business trip where I work at now. A couple of people were talking to me, I had no idea who, then the HR manager at the company I was recently hired at said to me, "oh, I see you're talking to all the big wigs", the president and vp of the entire company. I probably would have been nervous if I had known.
  • sharkhunter
    12 years ago
    Now if the girl answering the phone for a club won't even let you talk to the manager on duty about a security incident at that club, I may stop visiting that club. It just shows a total lack of concern about their customers. That club I'm talking about is Trophy Club in Greenville SC. I don't ever plan on visiting there again not because my friend's car was vandalized, but because the manager on duty would not even talk to me or my friend. Ignore the customers, the customers will ignore the club. Their web site contact information returns an invalid email address. Obviously they don't care about customers. Now for a company that cares about customers, such as Walmart, I emailed them about problems observed at one store. I was surprised to have the manager of the local store call me within a few days and he told me how they were addressing those concerns. Good customer service keeps people coming back.
  • sharkhunter
    12 years ago
    Hopefully people don't think I'm related to a famous state politician just because I have the same last name. It's amazing how different some people act when they think you're related to someone a bit more influential.
  • travelguy10
    12 years ago
    My fav club has a disturbing owner. Last week he was sitting at the regular's tables and a regular that drops $$ every week bumped into his chair. The owner went off and banned him from the club. Prick!
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    Austin Powers style: "Please allow myself to introduce... myself."
  • magicrat
    12 years ago
    I like it under the radar as well and have no interest in ever meeting an owner/manager. I have only met one as far as I know and a dancer introduced us.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion